Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Still can't download apps since the update. I'm getting the "install failed," "restart required" like so many others are.

Does anyone know what I have to do? From what I've read, most people suggest reinstalling preware or whatever.. The problem is, I don't have preware. I only have the regular app catalog and filecoaster. Neither of which allows me to dl apps right now.

This is really ridiculous and any help would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if you have any thoughts.

I removed all the patches before the update so it can't be related to that.
    Emergency Migration Helper did the trick, now I can install apps from the App Catalog no problem. I just went to "List Everything" option and searched there.
    Ok, what feed is Emergency Migration Helper on. It's not anywhere I can see.
    WebOS Quick Install & Preware.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    soooo your saying its intentional the free apps we had before are gone, because they are now paid apps and we are forced to upgrade?

if so .. thats kinda crappy really
    No, it was not intentional to break the homebrew version. It was an oversite by the developers and Palm. I wish I would have picked different App ID on the PreCentral version than the App Catalog version. The first wave made that mistake. For this mistake, we gave away many free upgrades. We are happy to get paid for those that people downloaded for free.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    This fixed worked for me also. A major thanks to the developers that built the Emergency Migration Tool.
    Can someone please tell me where i can get webosdoctor that will fix this app problem for 1.3.5.1 ???? these threads get too many pages to have to sift through for a solutions..
    I chat with a costumer service for palm, there told me #1 to make a backup, #2 then go too device info #3 reset options on device info #4 partial erase, #5 went is back up put your palm profile, that move the apps you have in the limit store to your hard drive. You will lose the apps like preware, etc, the contact wild not be lose but there pictures. After that everything will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    Can someone please tell me where i can get webosdoctor that will fix this app problem for 1.3.5.1 ???? these threads get too many pages to have to sift through for a solutions..
    Do a search for weos Quick Install. It requires that you have WebOSDoctor as there are some core files within the zip file that WOSQI requires in order to run.

There is a link for WebOSDoctor in the first post of the thread and/or if you install and use WOSQI, it will automatically d/l it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFLA View Post
    Go to Preware / Applications / Available other/ Linux App......you will see Emerg. migration tool.... install , when prompted restart.. should work
    Thank ypu so very much....I have a smile on my face now....kudos
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910