Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    So after 1.3.5 I'm unable to login to Yahoo messenger. I've removed the account and tried adding it again but still no luck. I can sign in to Yahoo from a computer. Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I am able to login to both Gtalk and YM on my Pre without any issues.
    i havent been able to get logged into gtalk or yahoo since i had to use webos doctor about a month ago. i put my username and password in and it never connects. not sure what is up with that.
    I have tried to login to YM after updating to 1.3.5, and it keeps telling me "Login Failed." Gtalk & AIM are logged in perfectly fine, as are my Yahoo mail and calendar accounts. :-/
    i'm also having issue with YahooIM on my pre. i've tried using webOS doctor to get the pre back to its original state, without much luck either. i know it's not my YahooIM account because i'm able to log on just fine with that account on another pre.

the tech support on palm's forum suggest that the next step for me is repair/replacement of the device... i'm still holding out for some software solution because i'm not really looking forward to having to do a hardware swap unless it can be done very quickly w/o much downtime away from the pre.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well Yahoo messenger suddenly began working for me. I just kept trying it every so often and it logged in without a problem. Wish I could say I did something but I didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisageek View Post
    i havent been able to get logged into gtalk or yahoo since i had to use webos doctor about a month ago. i put my username and password in and it never connects. not sure what is up with that.
    did you have the messaging plugin installed at any point? If so you might need to turn off backups and do a partial erase.
    I've done everything suggested to no avail, it stillloops on logging in. I've replaced my Pre and still nada. Good thing it's not a deal breaker, but it certainly is a bit of a let down. I don't have any of the lag that other people are reporting, my phone is snappy, my touchscreen is responsive... *sigh* I spose this is my cross to bear Considering the problems I've heard others report I'll take this one any day.