1.    #1  
    I'm really excited for what palm is going to anounce it could be anything from flash support open GPU camcorder anything could happen hope palm doesn't diisappoint
    what do you think there going to annouce?
    Agreed.

I'm really excited now, OpenGL is now a very strong possiblity, also hopefully the unreal 3 engine gets ported gaining moe traction with deelopers, if this hapens expect to see alll sorts of great iPhone games ports coming to the Pre.

Coupled in with the foundation for flash and video ecording, and of course OpenGL, im getting virtual orrgasms just thinking what palm has up their sleeve
    Yes. This update opens up some nice possibilities with OpenGL.

What I want to see is a roadmap of whats expected in the future. Representatives from various companies to either demo what they have or lay out what they have planned for WebOS. Not only does Palm need to show that they have a vision they also need to show that other companies are interested and invested in WebOS as well. This CES is a good opportunity for that.

On a side note I predict that we will see a new (higher end) WebOS phone withen 1 year.
    What were you expecting from Palm before last CES?

I only say this because it would appear some are getting their hopes way up there. I love the idea of new things coming out for this phone, but the reality is, as long as they are steady in their advances, I am not looking for the next "big" thing. Just continue to move in the direction they are going and I'll be quite happy.
    Now with webOS 1.3.5 released - the next big announcements could it be the debut of webOS 2.0, the anticipated announcement that Verizon will carry Palm webOS devices and Graphics support of Flash and OpenGL. Lets hope that pre will continue to improve both the software and hardware and that more carriers like Verizon will give them a shot in the arm.
    Palm's been kinda of silent about CES other than the blurb by Rubinstien in the investor call earlier this month. I don't predict anything overwhelming at all....but then again, they were tight lipped last year and stole the show.

Still going with boring for this one though....
    I think the only device announcement we'll hear is the fact that Pre + and Pixi are going to VZW, and probably a release date. Palm did say they were more focused on WebOS than having many devices. It doesn't make me any less excited for what they have to announce though.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    I hope they come out with with some cool news regarding flash, openGL camcorder and possibly a new hardware set for WebOS to come out on next June/July. That happens to be when my upgrade time comes up.
    Very excited after seeing the many hints buried in this update. I predict palm will announce GPU API support for developers which will be finalized and released sometime later in the year, they will showcase a couple of GPU-heavy apps that have been in development in the last year or so, and finally show off (and possibly release) the flash beta together with Adobe.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threed View Post
    Yes. This update opens up some nice possibilities with OpenGL.

What I want to see is a roadmap of whats expected in the future. Representatives from various companies to either demo what they have or lay out what they have planned for WebOS. Not only does Palm need to show that they have a vision they also need to show that other companies are interested and invested in WebOS as well. This CES is a good opportunity for that.

On a side note I predict that we will see a new (higher end) WebOS phone withen 1 year.
    yeah I agree with this and would love the option of a top quality pre
    im actually not looking forward to it, the reasoning?

i have been told by others that i am a electronics junkie, and i have to have the newest product out there. and this seems to be true as i spend hours every day since last CES watching the pre and learning everything about it. looking for any new update, i could not sleep with anticipation of getting one.

so i am afraid i am going to see something new and wow and want that next. im not sure at this point i can handle it.

i will probably avoid it this year.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley