1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if its still running?
    Mine busted.When I try 'patching' the patching process just keeps 'trying'. Its been doing that for 1/2 hr now. If you need your tether (as I do,long story) Id avoid the 1.3.5 as long as possible.

Yes Im ****ed.
    I re-installed but it only works sporadically for about 30 seconds at a time.

At least its not totally broken like I thought earlier,Im hoping I can get it running good again.Theres a post somewhere advising to un-patch Wi-Fi before install-which I didnt do.(I did all the other un-patches)
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have been on Mytether for the last 20 mins. To get to work uninstall then reinstall. You may have a problem if you didn't uninstall the wifi patch before you updated the phone. So when you get it installed it should run the patch 30s to 2 mins. Good luck all and happy tethering.
    Do I need to fully uninstall the MyTether App or just remove the wifi patch before I update to 1.3.5? I shouldn't have to fully uninstall the MyTether App do I?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I didn't uninstall/reinstall (but I didn't use the wifi patch) and it works for me no problem over USB.

I still have to reboot my phone a lot to get things to work.
    so as long as we reinstall EVERYTHING it should be back to normal? just to clear things up
    My experience:

1. Performed 1.3.5 update with MyTether still installed, WiFi patch Off.
    2. Deleted MyTether app, put phone in Dev mode, then reboot.
    3. Installed MyTether app.
    4. Turned off Dev Mode, reboot.

Opened MyTether and WiFi patched applied normally. I did not actually connect to the MyTether-created wireless network, but I did check with my laptop and see that it was available with a good solid signal. So I assume it works.

Oh, and after removing the WiFi patch, camera and regular wifi work normally on the Pre again.
    I can confirm that the donor version (2.0.4) works perfectly. You just need to reinstall with the Loader from the donor forums.
    i had to webos doctor so i had a fresh install via root on the 2.0.4 donor version. Works great wifi and all
    SCK Manager
    Can someone explain to me how to get this on my phone in the first place? It used to be a simple IPK back in the day...then **** broke and it wasn't working good.

Does this work on 1.3.5 with no issues?
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Does anyone know if the wifi patch will in the future not break the camera?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    So...how do we get the camera to function again?? I've tried removing the program and rebooting. That didn't work.

Any suggestions??
  14.    #14  
    I think you had to disable the patch from within mytether prior to uninstalling it. There is a switch in the menu that allows you to do it. You can try installing it and make sure you have the patch disabled prior to uninstalling it. I turn the patch on and off as I need the program and everything is working fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I can confirm that the donor version (2.0.4) works perfectly. You just need to reinstall with the Loader from the donor forums.
    That's my experience. Donor version works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    So...how do we get the camera to function again?? I've tried removing the program and rebooting. That didn't work.

Any suggestions??
    Here's the normal functionality.
    • You run My Tether, and it sends a message that it has to apply the patch (which will disable the camera).
    • My Tether applies the patch, then prompts that you need to reboot.
    • Reboot, and My Tether works (but the camera doesn't)
    • When you are finished, go to the Options button (on the bottom), and turn off the patch.
    • My Tether repatches (unpatches, if you will) and then prompts you to reboot
    • Reboot, and the camera app works again

In your case, I'd say put the program back, go to options, and turn off the patch.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Been on it for the past 2 hours now, on the road. Works great.

Had some issues the first time I turned it back on. It worked for 30 secs and died. Then I tried the USB tethering but did not have drivers on laptop. Turned wifi on again and has worked flawlessly.
    I have installed mytether new version but in wifi options donts appear unpatch "

What can i DO???????

Sprint
    WebOs 1.4
    Mobile hotspot works again for you all that didnt know. search it here in the forums and enjoy. Im on1.4.1 the latest update fyi..