Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just an fyi: SmartReflex patch will freeze the Pre in 1.3.5

To sustain a 600hz still, I went and did the 600mhz with NO SmartReflex and it seems to run stable...hence the SmartReflex is the problem with the freezing.

**As requested, I have attached this file for use.

***This is jhoff80's work in the scaling CPU thread, but I simply erased a few lines to remove the SmartReflex.
    +++++This file WILL clock your CPU to 600mhz, with NO SmartReflex, works 100% with no freezing with 1.3.5

Steps:

1) download this file, unzip it
    2) Open up WebOs Quick Install and click Tools -->Send File --->pick this file just downloaded --->Destination Folder: /etc/event.d
    3) Send file
    4) reboot phone
    5) done

edit 1/3/10

This file will NOT stick after a restart... use this command in putty/terminal instead to sustain a FULL TIME 600mhz clock

***caveat, I take no responsibility for your pre now, later, or the future of its use. Please take this into your sole discretion and use.

+++Here is a 600mhz patch for the lunasys w/ NO SmartReflex (overclock only)

**Copy and paste this into putty/terminal.

////credit to unixpsycho

[begin]

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

[end]

you should see your Pre cycle and the UI comes up, if not then something is wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by trim81; 01/03/2010 at 02:10 AM.
    do you have a link to that file? i'm not quite tech savvy enough to change any of the code to remove the reflex part.

though, i did just doctor my phone back down, as i was unfortunate enough to be one who had issue of increased lag and general bad things after this update. i may just try to go back to the new version now that i have a fully restored old version. but i may just stay with 1.3.3 cos my phone rocked with that version! (okay, the patch choices helped a little too )
    Gotta (sadly) second this. Both my husband's and my Pre's are sitting here next to me on a 5 min battery pull, hoping I can get them past the d@mn flashing palm logo. If I can get them up, I'm uninstalling the Smartreflex, and leaving the processor alone. Seems like these patches have been wholly more trouble than they are worth.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Is this why my phone is stuck on "Updating the system" ? ?
    I thought I removed the patch. Ugh.
    i hadn't tried to reinstall any patches yet, because i had a couple of issues immediately after the update. i did notice after the update that when i did the command to show time_in_state it showed 1 in the 600 area, and some other number (more like actual usage) in the 550 area. that's what made me decide to doctor down before going any further; i was afraid there were some remnants of the prior SR patches i had tried.

Fortunately, the first time i DR-ed my phone it only took about ten minutes, and about the same tonight. just waiting for my profile to finish being backed up...
    and it's done! that was fast!!
    Originally Posted by trim81
    SR 600Mhz is freezing the phone. anyone can confirm?

My pre's home screen froze after reinstalling the SR 500 patch after the 1.3.5 update. I pulled the battery and thought it was fixed and then it froze on me again. Had to pull the battery 3 times to get it to reboot, once rebooted, I then went in and opened preware and removed the patch. I had been running this patch with 1.3.1 since Nov. 27th and never had one problem, worked great, really helped my battery life. I guess 1.3.5 and SR patches do not mix. Going to wait a few days and try reinstalling it again.

Update: Might have been the 1.3.5 reload causing problems. Restarted my pre couple more times and then reinstalled SR 500 patch, so far so good, no freezes, keeping my fingers crossed.
    Man! so whats up with the smartflex 600 patch are we gonna have an updated smartflex for 1.3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Man! so whats up with the smartflex 600 patch are we gonna have an updated smartflex for 1.3.5?
    my guess is no, since it was pulled for a reason. but, that's just my guess. actually, on second thought, the fact that it's been pulled but so many people still have it, and there are people out there who could write another, maybe we will.

i might just stay with 1.3.1 and all my old mods until i see what new plans they have for the groundwork that was laid in 1.3.5...

might not either though
    I have the 600 mhz patch running on mine. I leave the phone alone for a little bit after restart and then it runs without any problems and still seems fast.
  11.    #11  
    @mmprotection: I thought I had it working fine too..but trust me, it will freeze on you.

try to open up youtube, then camera.. do it rapidly..it WILL freeze and stutter

Also, try to make a phone call and talk with it, as phone sleeps, it will not wake up
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    my guess is no, since it was pulled for a reason. but, that's just my guess. actually, on second thought, the fact that it's been pulled but so many people still have it, and there are people out there who could write another, maybe we will.
    Um, you don't need to write another - the source patch files are where they always have been in Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

The only thing that changed is that they are not packaged for easy installation with Preware.

There is no conspiracy

It's just a simple fact that these patches are unstable enough for enough people that they are not suitable for inclusion in Preware. If you want to use them, just use WebOS Quick Install to install the source patches at your own discretion and risk.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I reinstalled the SR550 patch, and my phone rebooted. I have had exactly zero problems after that, though.
    Can someone post the IPK's?

I found them 3 days ago but am having no luck finding them this time. I knew I should have saved the link.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Can someone post the IPK's?

I found them 3 days ago but am having no luck finding them this time. I knew I should have saved the link.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ability-3.html

here is the forum there is a link there.

I actually just installed Smartflex 600 and been messing with it for a bit no probles so far. Wow everything is fast. but ill let you guys know if i run in to any problems.

Edit: Still no problems with the patch and iv been opening everything. There is only 1 small pause when i open photos but then it gets out of it. More like a hiccup.

Oh and can some one make a cool wallpaper that has smartflex 600 hazard or something? Maye the tux penguin with a hazardous icon that says smartlex 600? I don't know. But i think it would be really sweet.
    Last edited by LittleCZR; 12/29/2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Um, you don't need to write another - the source patch files are where they always have been in Tree for modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

The only thing that changed is that they are not packaged for easy installation with Preware.

There is no conspiracy

It's just a simple fact that these patches are unstable enough for enough people that they are not suitable for inclusion in Preware. If you want to use them, just use WebOS Quick Install to install the source patches at your own discretion and risk.

-- Rod
    Awesome, thanks. I kind of thought that the part that was being patched was something that would not change in an update, but I really only know enough to get myself into trouble. Which doesn't take much for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Is this why my phone is stuck on "Updating the system" ? ?
    I thought I removed the patch. Ugh.
    I removed the SmartReflex 600 patch before the 1.3.5 update, and every time I reboot my phone (at least so far), the first attempt gets stuck on the Palm logo, and I have to do a battery pull... After I boot again, it goes back to "updating the system"... This has happened three times now. I don't know if it has anything to do with SmartReflex or not.

Personally, I had the SR600 patch installed for quite a while on 1.3.1 and had no trouble with it at all. Less tempted to install it on 1.3.5 as the OS is much snappier without it.
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Can someone verify the phone it actually running at 600 after a reboot?

A few people and I notice it goes back to 500 after reboot or Luna restart.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    My 550 SR after some initial boot troubles is now working fine. Had to remove all traces of Preware and Package Installer but I had Preware issues anyway; which are now also resolved.

5hrs later, my Pre seemingly boots and operates faster than before but I haven't stress tester yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    My 550 SR after some initial boot troubles is now working fine. Had to remove all traces of Preware and Package Installer but I had Preware issues anyway; which are now also resolved.

5hrs later, my Pre seemingly boots and operates faster than before but I haven't stress tester yet.
    Same here, after having freezing and booting issues, my pre is runnng fine with the SR 500 patch. Must be something with the 1.3.5 update, because people that didn't have the SR patches were having the same issues.
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast