Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    check the Original Post..I will update a file to make it easier for everyone.

**Installs via WebOs Quick Install
    quick question: to uninstall, would the commands be similar to what i did to remove SR600 via Terminal? or would this new installation show up in preware? my guess is that it would not. in which case, what is the name of the file to be removed? opt-overclock?

i'm going to look at the file in text edit and see...
  2.    #82  
    yes, use the delete file command under Tools in webos quick install
  3. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Nice!
    and if we got scared of 600 and just wanted to look into 550, we would just edit the value of the "echo" lines? if one were to just do this via command line, is it just the two echo line that would have to be entered?

sorry, i'm just trying to learn about this, so i may bombard you with questions...
    yup that means you are running 600mhz
    uh? No it doesnt.

The incrementing number is the current rate.
    Live free or DIE!
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    uh? No it doesnt.

The incrementing number is the current rate.
    i dont have access to putty at my current location so I cannot view my current running stats.

BUT I have tried it with NO patch and 60000 (top line) shows 0..

And with the patch in post #1, it gives some numbers

I will run a cat scan when I get to putty to see my stats
    i dont have access to putty at my current location so I cannot view my current running stats.

BUT I have tried it with NO patch and 60000 (top line) shows 0..

And with the patch in post #1, it gives some numbers

I will run a cat scan when I get to putty to see my stats
    correct.

when the phone boots and the patch is executed the CPU runs at 600, hence the numbers incrementing. But when the the phone finishes running its background stuff it gets reset back to 500, so the line with 600 stops incrementing.

So what I am saying is the patch itself works, but service is resetting it back to 500 later.

that's why you get hits on 600, but 500 has the most and continues to increment while 600 does not.
    Live free or DIE!
  8.    #88  
    I see what you're saying.

So you think we have to manually run the command again to jump start it after the initial reboot?
    I see what you're saying.

So you think we have to manually run the command again to jump start it after the initial reboot?
    If you get to a terminal session on the phone you can manually set it and it'll stick.

until you reboot or restart Luna.

Maybe a script can be made to run from an icon.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    If you get to a terminal session on the phone you can manually set it and it'll stick.

until you reboot or restart Luna.

Maybe a script can be made to run from an icon.

good plan. let us know if anyone does this, please.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    hm.
    I'm manually clocking the cpu through a terminal session.

interestingly enough however, if I attempt a new session, luna restarts.

I don't know what to make of this.

this is the only issue I've encountered so far.
    manually clocking through the linux command line seems to do the trick for me. I'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    hm.
    I'm manually clocking the cpu through a terminal session.

interestingly enough however, if I attempt a new session, luna restarts.

I don't know what to make of this.

this is the only issue I've encountered so far.
    since the update i've had issues with a restart after closing Terminal for the second time. after a reboot i can open and close it once. do it again, and it reboots.

i entered the echo lines on command line from wosqi and took screenshots of it running at 600 for a while, but then when i rebooted, it went back to only being at 600 for approx. 1036-1088 (i got each of those figures more than once). so there's definitely something keeping it from sticking after a boot. but it was running fine up until that point.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    since the update i've had issues with a restart after closing Terminal for the second time. after a reboot i can open and close it once. do it again, and it reboots.

i entered the echo lines on command line from wosqi and took screenshots of it running at 600 for a while, but then when i rebooted, it went back to only being at 600 for approx. 1036-1088 (i got each of those figures more than once). so there's definitely something keeping it from sticking after a boot. but it was running fine up until that point.
    yes, this is exactly the issue I'm running into.
    I've recreated it thrice now and it only occurs after the close of the second session.
    what boggles me is that luna restarts (the phone isn't rebooting).
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    yes, this is exactly the issue I'm running into.
    I've recreated it thrice now and it only occurs after the close of the second session.
    what boggles me is that luna restarts (the phone isn't rebooting).
    it's strange. i've heard of a few others reporting it as well. i'm sure (i hope) it gets worked out quickly.
    this is what happened after i sent the file. it seems to get higher at the 600 as i use it
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 4640
    550000 627
    500000 19892
    250000 0
    125000 0
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 13127
    550000 627
    500000 19892
    250000 0
    125000 0
    600000 24438
    550000 627
    500000 19892
    250000 0
    125000 0
    root@palm-webos-device:
    I am currently manually entering the script using the terminal application on my phone. We do need an application where this can be entered by clicking a button. Thanks to anyone who is working on this.
  18. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    OK, I'm trying my best to wrap my head around the latest findings in this thread. Would someone please be kind enough explain does the OP's file fix on the first post which DOES NOT include SmartReflex, clock the phone to 600mhz for good without further action or does the phone revert back down?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a2k View Post
    OK, I'm trying my best to wrap my head around the latest findings in this thread. Would someone please be kind enough explain does the OP's file fix on the first post which DOES NOT include SmartReflex, clock the phone to 600mhz for good without further action or does the phone revert back down?

Thanks!
    SmartReflex is a voltage monitoring process supported by TI's OMAP line.

the op assumed that it was SmartReflex that was... incompatible (for lack of a better word) with 1.3.5 and simply removed all lines of code beside pertaining to it.

the only things left in his executable file are notes from the original patch and the following line of code repeated twice:
    echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

this causes the cpu to clock at 600mhz but the same effect can be achieved by simply entering the above line once in a terminal session.

what we've uncovered is that *something* is causing the cpu to revert upon a luna restart or phone reboot.

my hunch is that luna itself is the cause of this due to the above issue I've encountered.

upon entering and closing a second terminal session, luna restarts and the cpu reverts to 500mhz.

luna is the java sys mgr layer sitting atop the underlying linux and restarts upon a phone reboot as well. hence why I believe luna is at the root of this.

my hunch involves luna running checks or possibly running an 'initialize' settings upon start (set cpu to 500mhz etc.).

as to why the second session closing would cause luna to restart, I have no idea.

I haven't looked through, but I assume the terminal "app" runs an open console command or similar.

I haven't delved deeply at all regarding luna's interactions with linux but I have a few scenarios I'd like to explore.

presumably, ANY tampering with the cpu settings (scaling back etc.) would be reverted upon a luna restart.

except for the facts, please take my musings with a grain of salt. I'm no linux/webOS guru and I do not read java.
    So if I installed SR600 through the IPK, after a reboot that patch is no longer working?

If so, I'm happy with my phones performance without the patch. The 1.3.5 update is working good for me. Do I need to do anything to remove it?
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast