Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 274
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i have a question: i decided that since my device wasn't really running at 600 anyway that i was going to remove the patch. and maybe try again, haha

    anyway, it seemed to go well, it shows no use at 600 now, not even just a bit as it did before. the problem, is that the patch still shows in preware, and will errors out when i attempt removal. which makes sense, i just need preware to realize the patch is gone. any ideas?
    ouch. You should have used Preware to uninstall it .

    I think you can try uninstalling anyway via Preware or fake an install then uninstall. I remember i did something like this but dont remember how i got it out of the listing. Or use WebOS Quick Install.
    Live free or DIE!
  2. #62  
    I've been experiencing this issue too, but the phone feels just as fast (if not faster) with SR@500mhz 1.3.5 as it with with SR@550mhz 1.3.1 - so I'm not really complaining.

    Why would palm prevent us from oc'ing the phone? Hopefully it wasn't intentional...
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    ouch. You should have used Preware to uninstall it .

    I think you can try uninstalling anyway via Preware or fake an install then uninstall. I remember i did something like this but dont remember how i got it out of the listing. Or use WebOS Quick Install.
    totally should have. but, the directions were right there, i'm in a recliner, and the cord to hook up to my macbook is downstairs...

    i think i'm going to remove my theme and epr it. i guess the worst that could happen is that i have to reinstall the other 13 patches. i know, only 13...i'm so NOT hardcore.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by xstaticxgpx View Post
    I've been experiencing this issue too, but the phone feels just as fast (if not faster) with SR@500mhz 1.3.5 as it with with SR@550mhz 1.3.1 - so I'm not really complaining.

    Why would palm prevent us from oc'ing the phone? Hopefully it wasn't intentional...
    Because Palm set the speed at 500 for a reason. Some CPUs running at 600 will die early.

    Some of us want that option , but Palm doesnt want a few thousand returns due this hardware bug.
    Live free or DIE!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    totally should have. but, the directions were right there, i'm in a recliner, and the cord to hook up to my macbook is downstairs...

    i think i'm going to remove my theme and epr it. i guess the worst that could happen is that i have to reinstall the other 13 patches. i know, only 13...i'm so NOT hardcore.
    Grab a beer...or a few... it'll keep you busy for a while.
    Live free or DIE!
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Grab a beer...or a few... it'll keep you busy for a while.
    no doubt. epr's done. and that SR600 is still just chillin'. and doing nothing. :-/
    BRB *goes to get some beers*
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Because Palm set the speed at 500 for a reason. Some CPUs running at 600 will die early.

    Some of us want that option , but Palm doesnt want a few thousand returns due this hardware bug.
    well, duh. Anyone knowledgable enough to overclock knows it shortens the lifespan, but some people say the phone dies within 6 months overclocked. I think this is a gross misunderstanding, the phone may die 6 months EARLIER than intended, but only lasting 6 months (at the intended speed of the omap3430 processor, I might add) would honestly be enough to sue TI...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Try just this code, like mentioned before, *without* running the "patch" command:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f powersave-smartreflex*
    mount -o remount,ro /

    Then you can reinstall the patch via preware or whatever. then reboot.
    thanks, forgot about the -f flag. Was on a recently doctored pre(cause of app catalog issue) working from memory.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by xstaticxgpx View Post
    well, duh. Anyone knowledgable enough to overclock knows it shortens the lifespan, but some people say the phone dies within 6 months overclocked. I think this is a gross misunderstanding, the phone may die 6 months EARLIER than intended, but only lasting 6 months (at the intended speed of the omap3430 processor, I might add) would honestly be enough to sue TI...
    I am surprised Palm isnt bending TI over for this! It is spec'd to be 600 but then TI tells Palm "...um...we had a bad batch of CPUs that cant handle 600... can you underclock ALL of your phones to 500...".

    If I were Palm i'd be making TI a pillow biter!
    Live free or DIE!
  10.    #70  
    As mentioned in the OP, and to be clear with everyone.

    I have the 600mhz patch working 100% with no stutter..its ONLY the SmartReflex causing the freezes.

    So fire up a linux command and clock your cpu to 600mhz -easy and fast
  11. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #71  
    So I installed 1.3.5 last night. I had the SR600 patch installed but I ran EPR before and removed all my patches first. This is what my time in state is now.

    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 896
    550000 1584
    500000 3197784
    250000 0
    125000 0
    root@palm-webos-device:

    so im thinking that the SR600 patch didn't install all the way? but it seems to work just fine. I tried to install the SR600 patch thru WOSQI but it wouldn't take because it said that it was already there and wouldn't install. sooooo anyway i don't know what to do now. I think ill wait till the 1.3.5 doctor comes out to do anything about it.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  12.    #72  
    that means the patch is STILL on your pre.

    what the patch does is: it creates a file in the startup event.d folder (which I do not think Preware or WOSQI erases)...*I can be wrong though.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    As mentioned in the OP, and to be clear with everyone.

    I have the 600mhz patch working 100% with no stutter..its ONLY the SmartReflex causing the freezes.

    So fire up a linux command and clock your cpu to 600mhz -easy and fast
    i saw some of how to do this on the wiki, but it looked like it didn't stick without another command. i was a bit confused. i'd really like to just overclock, and that's it...

    would you be so kind as to tell us what this command is? i'm not concerned with power savings, just POWER, lol.

    and maybe the command to undo it too, eh? if you would be so kind...
  14. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I am surprised Palm isnt bending TI over for this! It is spec'd to be 600 but then TI tells Palm "...um...we had a bad batch of CPUs that cant handle 600... can you underclock ALL of your phones to 500...".

    If I were Palm i'd be making TI a pillow biter!
    It may be spec'd for that with better cooling. Being encased in plastic doesn't let the CPU have much of a heatsink. Notice our phones sometimes get HOT.


    If we had a metal skin allowing better transfer of that heat away from the CPU, it might well run fine at 600.
  15. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Try just this code, like mentioned before, *without* running the "patch" command:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f powersave-smartreflex*
    mount -o remount,ro /

    Then you can reinstall the patch via preware or whatever. then reboot.
    hehe thanks this helps. never used the terminal app before, quite useful

    now my stats are
    600000 1
    550000 611
    500000 88627
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i saw some of how to do this on the wiki, but it looked like it didn't stick without another command. i was a bit confused. i'd really like to just overclock, and that's it...

    would you be so kind as to tell us what this command is? i'm not concerned with power savings, just POWER, lol.

    and maybe the command to undo it too, eh? if you would be so kind...

    check the Original Post..I will update a file to make it easier for everyone.

    **Installs via WebOs Quick Install
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    As mentioned in the OP, and to be clear with everyone.

    I have the 600mhz patch working 100% with no stutter..its ONLY the SmartReflex causing the freezes.

    So fire up a linux command and clock your cpu to 600mhz -easy and fast
    What command are you typing in?
  18.    #78  
    check the 1st post, instructions there
  19. #79  
    I'm getting this now:

    root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 1325
    550000 678
    500000 11410
    250000 0
    125000 0

    Hows that compared to yours?
  20.    #80  
    yup that means you are running 600mhz
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions