Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    are you cat'ing it? you cant "run" it.
    Arrhgg.. Good call.. Was leaving off the CAT.. Been a long day trying to get my Pre's hacks/apps up to snuff w/1.3.5.. Thanks!
    Since my last post I have noticed some issues with the cpu patches. The phone does freeze up and I had to perform a battery pull once in a while.

You do have completely uninstall the patch prior to updating. You may have to doctor the phone to do this.

I have noticed the 1.3.5 alone seems to make the phone run smoother.

I am still hopeful someone updates the patches for 1.3.5.

Someone stated in another threat that freezing might be caused by the smartflex power saving features and not the speed boost?

For now you have to deal with freezing once in a while with the patches but it almost seems like a price worth paying for running at the speed of light. = )
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am trying to install the SR 600 through webosQI. I keep getting an error.

It says the next patch would creat the file etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex, which already exists! Assume-R?[n]
    apply anyway? [n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex.rej

Someone please help, is the patch already installed? Am I doing something wrong?
    For some reason all of the smartreflex patches give people varying levels of problems. Everyone should just access linux and write in the file needed to enable smart reflex. Ive been running SR at 600 Mhz since about day 10 (in june) with zero problems. Good luck to you all.
    Can you post a link to simple instructions? I have never accessed the linux commands. I have read about it but I do not fully understand. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I am trying to install the SR 600 through webosQI. I keep getting an error.

It says the next patch would creat the file etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex, which already exists! Assume-R?[n]
    apply anyway? [n]
    skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored--saving rejects to file etc/event.d/powersave-smartreflex.rej

Someone please help, is the patch already installed? Am I doing something wrong?
    This is an issue with the CPU patches, they don't really uninstall correctly. If you have terminal access, you can navigate to the /etc/event.d directory and delete the script yourself via rm command.(make sure your file system is writable.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    For some reason all of the smartreflex patches give people varying levels of problems. Everyone should just access linux and write in the file needed to enable smart reflex. Ive been running SR at 600 Mhz since about day 10 (in june) with zero problems. Good luck to you all.
    Good. So maybe you can tell us if it is actually still running at 600 under 1.3.5?
    Live free or DIE!
    Just reading through this thread trying to decide if I will reinstall these patches again - is it possible that palm figured out other methods to control voltage and/or frequency that we didn't think about, and they are now interfering with these patches after the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    This is an issue with the CPU patches, they don't really uninstall correctly. If you have terminal access, you can navigate to the /etc/event.d directory and delete the script yourself via rm command.(make sure your file system is writable.)
    I know I am asking a lot but can you help me with that. If you are not inclined I understand. Thank you for the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Just reading through this thread trying to decide if I will reinstall these patches again - is it possible that palm figured out other methods to control voltage and/or frequency that we didn't think about, and they are now interfering with these patches after the update?
    could be. Or Palm is making sure we dont set our phones to 600 anymore.
    Live free or DIE!
    I know I am asking a lot but can you help me with that. If you are not inclined I understand. Thank you for the answer.
    -Install Terminal and Terminal Plugin via Preware
    -Open Terminal
    type
    Code:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm powersave-smartreflex
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Removing this script should not damage your device and cannot screw up any of your system's default settings.
    could be. Or Palm is making sure we dont set our phones to 600 anymore.
    Good point.
    i've had no problems or issues with my smartreflex 500 patch after the 1.3.5 update.
    Everything is running smoothly! happy guy here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    -Install Terminal and Terminal Plugin via Preware
    -Open Terminal
    type
    Code:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm powersave-smartreflex
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Removing this script should not damage your device and cannot screw up any of your system's default settings.
    I tried that but I am getting the same message. thank you though.
    I tried that but I am getting the same message. thank you though.
    Try just this code, like mentioned before, *without* running the "patch" command:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f powersave-smartreflex*
    mount -o remount,ro /

Then you can reinstall the patch via preware or whatever. then reboot.
    Live free or DIE!
    Try just this code, like mentioned before, *without* running the "patch" command:
    cd /etc/event.d
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f powersave-smartreflex*
    mount -o remount,ro /

Then you can reinstall the patch via preware or whatever. then reboot.
    ok so I am new to this so I apologize. Do I hit return after the first line? Do I hit space until I get to the next line? I tried this code and I am still getting the same message? Do I need to restart the phone before I try installing again?
    ok so I am new to this so I apologize. Do I hit return after the first line? Do I hit space until I get to the next line? I tried this code and I am still getting the same message? Do I need to restart the phone before I try installing again?
    hit return after each line. just enter those 4 lines. then reboot. this will remove the patch and make it not active.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno301 View Post
    i've had no problems or issues with my smartreflex 500 patch after the 1.3.5 update.
    Everything is running smoothly! happy guy here!
    I'm running sf 600 and everything is fine. But I tried typing the path at the terminal to see my speed did I type it wrong?

/# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/statstime_in_
    state
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    I'm running sf 600 and everything is fine. But I tried typing the path at the terminal to see my speed did I type it wrong?

/# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/statstime_in_
    state
    i think you need another /

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    hit return after each line. just enter those 4 lines. then reboot. this will remove the patch and make it not active.
    i have a question: i decided that since my device wasn't really running at 600 anyway that i was going to remove the patch. and maybe try again, haha

anyway, it seemed to go well, it shows no use at 600 now, not even just a bit as it did before. the problem, is that the patch still shows in preware, and will errors out when i attempt removal. which makes sense, i just need preware to realize the patch is gone. any ideas?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast