Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Can someone verify the phone it actually running at 600 after a reboot?

A few people and I notice it goes back to 500 after reboot or Luna restart.
    Yes. I'm running smartflex 600 as we speak. I ran webos doctor and then updated to 1.3.5. After wards i installed it with quick install and have been running it ever since this morning. I can send you print screens if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Yes. I'm running smartflex 600 as we speak. I ran webos doctor and then updated to 1.3.5. After wards i installed it with quick install and have been running it ever since this morning. I can send you print screens if you like.
    It installs fine but when you get to a root prompt and look at the current freq it reports 500.

what do you have in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state?

If you notice the number getting bigger next to the 500000 then its really running at 500. although mine starts at 600 but then something changes it back to 500.

root@palm-webos-device:/# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/statstime_in_
    state
    600000 1469
    550000 635
    500000 102235
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Live free or DIE!
    Can someone verify the phone it actually running at 600 after a reboot?

A few people and I notice it goes back to 500 after reboot or Luna restart.

after trying the 550 i rebooted several times (all without error) and each time the time_in_state only showed as much 550 activity as one would expect from booting. i have just uninstalled, rebooted again, and am about to try the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    after trying the 550 i rebooted several times (all without error) and each time the time_in_state only showed as much 550 activity as one would expect from booting. i have just uninstalled, rebooted again, and am about to try the 600.
    hmm. It should have been incrementing at 550 in your case even while idle.

The SR patch runs the CPU at 550 or 600 and doesnt scale... it uses voltage regulation.
    Live free or DIE!
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ability-3.html

here is the forum there is a link there.

I actually just installed Smartflex 600 and been messing with it for a bit no probles so far. Wow everything is fast. but ill let you guys know if i run in to any problems.

Edit: Still no problems with the patch and iv been opening everything. There is only 1 small pause when i open photos but then it gets out of it. More like a hiccup.

Oh and can some one make a cool wallpaper that has smartflex 600 hazard or something? Maye the tux penguin with a hazardous icon that says smartlex 600? I don't know. But i think it would be really sweet.
    Thank you sir.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09

The SR patch runs the CPU at 550 or 600 and doesnt scale... it uses voltage regulation.
    So what does this mean? in layman terms?
    So what does this mean? in layman terms?
    SmartReflex runs the CPU at the frequency/speed given, then to save power and such it makes voltage changes dynamically while still running at full clock speed. Unlike ondemand CPU scaling where it changes the CPU speed depending on load.

So if you set SR and the CPU at 600, it will always run at 600 in time_stats, CPU scaling will bounce between 125000 to 600000,

i'm not very good at laymans
    Live free or DIE!

i know, i'm not sure what it's deal is. i have been messing with the 600 now, and after plenty of reboots, it is consistently saying that it runs at 600 for 1067. 550 was 1859 on this last one (i think that's in line w the usual time for booting) and then all the rest at 500. it's like the 600 patch just gives up on being effective after a bit.

on a side note: i have also been having trouble with Terminal crashing the Pre after closing it. but not on the first time. (i think actually there is a thread for this somewhere)
    i know, i'm not sure what it's deal is. i have been messing with the 600 now, and after plenty of reboots, it is consistently saying that it runs at 600 for 1067. 550 was 1859 on this last one (i think that's in line w the usual time for booting) and then all the rest at 500. it's like the 600 patch just gives up on being effective after a bit.
    exactly. thats what I see as well. I believe it runs at 600 due to the patch then something resets it back to 500.

Before 1.3.5 it always ran at 600.
    Live free or DIE!
    exactly. thats what I see as well. I believe it runs at 600 due to the patch then something resets it back to 500.

Before 1.3.5 it always ran at 600.
    yeah, i'm kind of sad about it. i hadn't noticed much in the way of speed increases outside of the browser and calendar after the update, and i wanted to see how it all worked out with the SR600. I was really loving my phone before this update.

at least thanks to rwhitby's advice i now have a functional app catalog and preware is zipping along nicely as well. probably should have found some other free app to test the catalog on besides adam carolla, lol, but it was easy enough to erase.
    yeah, i'm kind of sad about it. i hadn't noticed much in the way of speed increases outside of the browser and calendar after the update, and i wanted to see how it all worked out with the SR600. I was really loving my phone before this update.

at least thanks to rwhitby's advice i now have a functional app catalog and preware is zipping along nicely as well. probably should have found some other free app to test the catalog on besides adam carolla, lol, but it was easy enough to erase.
    How did you get a functional app catalog?
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    So what does this mean? Does sf600 still work or not?
    I'm running the SR550 and its giving me this output:

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    600000 0
    550000 1740
    500000 221534
    250000 0
    125000 0
    I think you are right UnixPsycho. I wonder if we can set it manually through command line to make it stick?
    So what does this mean? Does sf600 still work or not?
    From what I see it does not. Something is resetting the phone to 500. But maybe the SR itself is activated and just running at 500 instead of 600. I cant look right now as a theme has hosed up my phone and i'll be Doctoring it soon.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by threefiftyli View Post
    I'm running the SR550 and its giving me this output:

I think you are right UnixPsycho. I wonder if we can set it manually through command line to make it stick?
    From my earlier tests you can bring up a terminal to set it manually at 600 and it'll stick. but if you restart Luna or reboot the phone its back to 500.

Soon as I get my phone back working i'll see if something is hidden somewhere which could be patched. I fear its hidden in the LunaSysMgr binary. maybe a hardcore webOS guru can hack this?
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    How did you get a functional app catalog?

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...09#post2112123

and then i went down to post #3420 like Rod said and just checked that i had followed everything that was outlined in both of his posts.
    how is the SR600 stuff going for people? i still am not getting more than just a bit of use at 600

while i appreciate the added speed in the browser, opening of apps is WAY slower for me now with 1.3.5. it's been taking at least 7 seconds for tweed, for example. i think i'm not sure yet how most of the things in this update are making my phone closer to what i want it to be. i may go back to 1.3.1 and reinstall SR600 on that version. it definitely felt better to use the device then than it does now.

anyone have any more words on how 1.3.5 and SR550 or 600 patches are working for them?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Anyone else getting an "access denied" message when running time_in_state command (via QI command line) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robrasta View Post
    Anyone else getting an "access denied" message when running time_in_state command (via QI command line) ?
    are you cat'ing it? you cant "run" it.
    Live free or DIE!
    how is the SR600 stuff going for people? i still am not getting more than just a bit of use at 600

while i appreciate the added speed in the browser, opening of apps is WAY slower for me now with 1.3.5. it's been taking at least 7 seconds for tweed, for example. i think i'm not sure yet how most of the things in this update are making my phone closer to what i want it to be. i may go back to 1.3.1 and reinstall SR600 on that version. it definitely felt better to use the device then than it does now.

anyone have any more words on how 1.3.5 and SR550 or 600 patches are working for them?
    Well according to the gurus the patch works but then for some reason it resets back to 500 with the Smart flex 600 patch. I will try to see if this is true for me later while i am at work ill let you guys know...
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast