Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealZero View Post
    Anyone noticing a significant change in battery life during normal phone usage?
    I just installed this last night. So far today, with nominal use - only 1 very short phone call, some browsing, calendar use, etc; and Wifi on - I am at 73% remaining after 3 1/2 hours. I do believe there is an improvement in performance, and I believe the phone is not getting as hot as normal. I will continue to monitor and update over the next few days.

Also, I'm on a Pre Plus I just got 2 weeks ago Thurs. All my other "hacks" are things like a diff color theme, landscape enabled in text and email, throttle off on downloads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to bed with a full charge last night. Checked phone this morning -- 7 hrs 35 mins later -- and battery level was 86%. Charged up to 100% before leaving home this morning. Now showing 50% batt after 6 hrs 35 mins. I have had unusually light usage today because of a seminar I had to attend - only made about 4 brief phone calls, probably about 7 text messages sent, 10 received, sent 2 emails, took 2 pictures, set a couple of calendar events. Used internet about 2 -3 minutes to Google something. So, that's about a 2%/hr drop while sleeping, and about 7-8% with light use.
    Last edited by JEMellon66; 02/15/2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Battery Life update
    Quote Originally Posted by saed22 View Post
    what do the numbers mean
    600000 11517
    550000 618
    500000 733114
    250000 0
    125000 0
    It means your clocked at 500 mhz. for 600 mhz this is how it has to loook like.

600000 29637
    550000 780
    500000 1793
    250000 0
    125000 0
    Anyone have an idea if this workaround for 600Mhz stays on after you update to 1.4? I'm gonna try re-applying it anyways, but I thought I would ask as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Anyone have an idea if this workaround for 600Mhz stays on after you update to 1.4? I'm gonna try re-applying it anyways, but I thought I would ask as well.
    i'm still doing the update, so i can't say for sure. i think it would though since i don't think that the updates changes any of these files. i really don't know for sure though. i'd suggest checking your speed as was mentioned earlier in this thread to see before you bother with resetting it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i'm still doing the update, so i can't say for sure. i think it would though since i don't think that the updates changes any of these files. i really don't know for sure though. i'd suggest checking your speed as was mentioned earlier in this thread to see before you bother with resetting it again.
    Yeeup. It changed it. And while trying to remodify it, I think I've killed my Pre in the process since I put 6000000 instead of 600000 in the terminal command... Oh,time to doctor I suppose!
    Yeeup. It changed it. And while trying to remodify it, I think I've killed my Pre in the process since I put 6000000 instead of 600000 in the terminal command... Oh,time to doctor I suppose!
    whoops! haha, your pre was probably like O.O ***?? i hope it all gets worked out quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    whoops! haha, your pre was probably like O.O ***?? i hope it all gets worked out quickly
    Thanks! Yea.. Doctoring 1.3.5.1 right now and just gonna give it another go once I update to 1.4.
    I applied this patch after 1.4 and my Pre's screen does not respond now, I cannot reset and the Dr is not recognizing my Pre

HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I applied this patch after 1.4 and my Pre's screen does not respond now, I cannot reset and the Dr is not recognizing my Pre

HELP!
    Time to pull the battery, wait 30 seconds before reinstalling, may have to do it more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Time to pull the battery, wait 30 seconds before reinstalling, may have to do it more than once.
    Thanks buddy, that did it. Do I have to do a full erase after or doctoring is enough?
    Sounds like it doesn't exactly work at the moment which slightly surprises me since I'm assuming that core system file still does its thing unless some new dependencies have cropped up.. I'm not gonna give it a go until a 1.4 Doctor is released by Palm then.
  12.    #252  
    webos doctor 1.4 is out, check palm website
  13.    #253  
    I can confirm.

the first post #1 600mhz patch works fine and STICKS after a reset
    So the 600 patch works fine with 1.4? Can someone please repost the link to the 600mhz patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    webos doctor 1.4 is out, check palm website
    Care to point me into the right direction? I'm not totally sure where it is..
    Care to point me into the right direction? I'm not totally sure where it is..
    As always, the place to look (and update if you find a new one) is Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As always, the place to look (and update if you find a new one) is Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Huzzah! Thanks! off to doctor 1.4 then since I'd rather not spend my time updating it...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I can confirm.

the first post #1 600mhz patch works fine and STICKS after a reset
    Just to be clear, if I install this patch my Pre will be fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Just to be clear, if I install this patch my Pre will be fine?
    i think all anyone can say to this is "most likely."

but, short of a hardware malfunction, bricking a pre is about impossible, so worst case scenario you may have to spend some time at the doctor.

unless you find a new "worst case scenario"...
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    yup the 600 patch seems to be working with my pre to with 1.4.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1