Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 274
  1. #201  
    I don't know if anyone else has seen the thread about this, but it appears that the new 3D games in the App Catalog set the device to 600MHz when they're running, so apparently Palm thinks all their CPUs are good enough to at least be clocked that high part of the time...
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has seen the thread about this, but it appears that the new 3D games in the App Catalog set the device to 600MHz when they're running, so apparently Palm thinks all their CPUs are good enough to at least be clocked that high part of the time...
    are you sure? Because I tested my sr600 with my friends stock pre. We clicked the need for speed icon at the same time and mine loaded faster by about 5 to 7 seconds.
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    are you sure? Because I tested my sr600 with my friends stock pre. We clicked the need for speed icon at the same time and mine loaded faster by about 5 to 7 seconds.
    If you check time_in_state, it's setting the CPU to 600mHz while they're running on a stock Pre... at least on my stock Pre it is, and someone else posted about it as well.
  4. #204  
    If this is true then 1.4 might run 600 in full time, as it was noticeably faster than 1.3.5.1.
    Live free or DIE!
  5. stubbs's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #205  
    jhoff80 is right. If you ssh into the phone and monitor the cpuinfo_cur_freq file when you open a SDL game, it'll jump to 600. When you pause or close it, it'll go back down to whatever is set in LunaSysMgr. Mine is set to 600, so it doesn't ever go back down...
  6. #206  
    I applied the commands to set the clock at 550 but now want to go to 600 can you repost the commands to do so?

    And by the way, the poster that indicated that NFS runs at 600 is correct, I can confirm that.
  7. #207  
    Because this thread is huge and it will take me a while to sift through, from what i read, and can someone clarify on 1.3.5.x smart reflex freezes the phone on startup regardless of clockspeed, so we can no longer the benefits of SR for battery life?
  8. #208  
    Palm seems to be doing something else with battery life without using SR.

    I noticed on my Pre, which I forced to run at 600, has MUCH better battery life when idle than with previous versions. Others have mentioned this as well.

    I had SR installed for a while and didn't hang at startup, but at other inconvenient times. I get good battery without it now.
    Live free or DIE!
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I applied the commands to set the clock at 550 but now want to go to 600 can you repost the commands to do so?

    And by the way, the poster that indicated that NFS runs at 600 is correct, I can confirm that.
    Which commands to you use to set to 550? lots of commands in this thread.
    Live free or DIE!
  10. #210  
    any update?
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Getting a "LunaSysMgr: No such file or directory" error when running the commands in the OP's post. Any ideas?
    don't use linux command line

    use novacom
  12. #212  
    I am using novaterm under linux and am getting "LunaSysMgr: No such file or directory".

    What am I doing wrong?

    <edit> Whoop! I restarted my device and now it won't start up again. Ah well. Time for a doctoring I guess. But I would like to try again later. Any ideas why LunaSysMgr is mysteriously absent despite my using novaterm? And if nothing happened, how did the commands bork up my phone?
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 01/26/2010 at 08:07 PM.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    it means your phone is just running the normal stock way. the little bit of time by 550 is when it's booting, and then the rest by 500 is just the phone operating at it's usual 500 speed.
    If I get...

    600000 17729
    550000 774
    500000 27701
    250000 0
    125000 0

    and then...

    600000 54709
    550000 774
    500000 27701
    250000 0
    125000 0



    Did I do it correctly? I'm pretty sure but not completely.
    thanks!
  14. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    If I get...

    600000 17729
    550000 774
    500000 27701
    250000 0
    125000 0

    and then...

    600000 54709
    550000 774
    500000 27701
    250000 0
    125000 0



    Did I do it correctly? I'm pretty sure but not completely.
    thanks!
    Your pre is running at 600mhz
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I am using novaterm under linux and am getting "LunaSysMgr: No such file or directory".

    What am I doing wrong?
    In case anybody ever experiences the same problem: run
    Code:
    sudo /opt/Palm/novacom/novacomd start
    The problem was that novacomd doesn't play well with Ubuntu Karmic. As soon as I manually started novacomd, everything went perfectly
  16. #216  
    k, well i need a bit of help. last night i wanted to test out my phone running at 600 mhz so i did steps 1-5 but did not finish the rest of the steps figuring that it would not stick after a reset. i tried it out but did not notice any differences so i did a reboot. today however i noticed my phone has been warmer than usual and it seems like its battery is draining quickly.
    so my 2 questions are can i check my clock speed in the terminal? (how?)
    and do i need to remove this file that i put on? (how?)
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr

    Is it as simple as entering that into novaterm and it will reset to 500?

    Cheers
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Still getting a "mv: cannot rename '/tmp/LunaSysMgr.new': No such file or directory
    " error on Mac OSX. Can someone with OSX post some step-by-step instructions?
    Accessing Linux Using Novaterm - WebOS Internals

    use that link to get into novaterm from your mac follow steps 1-6 then once in terminal and novaterm is loaded copy and paste the follow

    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

    Your Pre should cycle up once terminal does it's thing, refer to OP first post for more info.
  19. #219  
    Wow with this running at 600mhz it's a huge improvement in overall OS usability. I don't even see a huge deacrease in battery life.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    k, well i need a bit of help. last night i wanted to test out my phone running at 600 mhz so i did steps 1-5 but did not finish the rest of the steps figuring that it would not stick after a reset. i tried it out but did not notice any differences so i did a reboot. today however i noticed my phone has been warmer than usual and it seems like its battery is draining quickly.
    so my 2 questions are can i check my clock speed in the terminal? (how?)
    and do i need to remove this file that i put on? (how?)
    to check the speed from terminal (or command line in WebOS quickinstall) just type

    cat sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

Posting Permissions