Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Ok, I installed it through terminal and it works but I prefer to run on 550 because I feel it is smoother, ow can I change it to 550 now? use the same code but change the values?
  2.    #182  
    heads up: 1.35.1 update overwrote luna...run the patch commands again in terminal to clock 600
    Big ups to unixPsycho he helped do it trough quick install by sending a file and installing it. His name is unixpsycho but he should be called Professor
    After typing the commands to overclock, how do you revert it back to stock speed?
    sorry guys. got lost in this thread. How do I bring up my Pre to 550 or 600? Faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    After typing the commands to overclock, how do you revert it back to stock speed?
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    mv /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr
    Thank you much!
    i noticed that it doesn't reset the cpu speed after a luna restart, just a full reboot. and since mine hasn't rebooted on it's own once since 1.3.5, i haven't used the commands to make it stick after reboot. that way i have a safety net where i can just reboot, or battery pull if things get jacked up. then if i want it back, i just enter the one line into Terminal of webosqi command line and i'm good.

my phone loves 600 though. now i just need 3 spare batteries...

BTW, i have just the speed changed, no scaling or anything. i just live by a charger.
    Last edited by igobytony; 01/05/2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: oh, why the hell not, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i noticed that it doesn't reset the cpu speed after a luna restart, just a full reboot. and since mine hasn't rebooted on it's own once since 1.3.5, i haven't used the commands to make it stick after reboot. that way i have a safety net where i can just reboot, or battery pull if things get jacked up. then if i want it back, i just enter the one line into Terminal of webosqi command line and i'm good.

my phone loves 600 though. now i just need 3 spare batteries...

BTW, i have just the speed changed, no scaling or anything. i just live by a charger.
    Surprisingly I dont have that much drain since the last update even running at 600.

But I carry around a USB battery to charge the battery just in case.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Surprisingly I dont have that much drain since the last update even running at 600.

But I carry around a USB battery to charge the battery just in case.
    unless i am actively involved in something else, i use the hell out of my pre. like, battery monitor shows me usually at about 28-33% per hour (that is with me running many cards and watching vids and bouncing back and forth from messaging, tweed, camera, etc.). so i carry my wall adapter and the usb cord in my coat pocket, unless i have a backpack w me.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    thats odd I installed the sm 500 patch and have no problems at all before and after the update. Infact I was hoping to have another 600sm patch back since I didnt have any problems with that one either. They did say it depends on some pre's chips in some peoples phones, some can handle the speed bump others cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iancarr27 View Post
    thats odd I installed the sm 500 patch and have no problems at all before and after the update. Infact I was hoping to have another 600sm patch back since I didnt have any problems with that one either. They did say it depends on some pre's chips in some peoples phones, some can handle the speed bump others cant.

yeah, everyone's phone seems to be a little different. based on what people had been saying in this thread, it seemed like maybe it was the SR part that was not working out with 1.3.5. but then, others have had the SR500 with no ill effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    yeah, everyone's phone seems to be a little different. based on what people had been saying in this thread, it seemed like maybe it was the SR part that was not working out with 1.3.5. but then, others have had the SR500 with no ill effect.
    The processor in each individual phone *is* different. Semiconductor manufacturing processes have wide variations, and parts are put into speed bins according to what frequency they reach in testing.

My assumption (based on no inside knowledge, so it could be completely wrong) is that Palm has bought the 500MHz speed bin (because it will be cheaper than the 600MHz speed bin) for the Pre. So if your part works above 500MHz, then you're just lucky.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The processor in each individual phone *is* different. Semiconductor manufacturing processes have wide variations, and parts are put into speed bins according to what frequency they reach in testing.

My assumption (based on no inside knowledge, so it could be completely wrong) is that Palm has bought the 500MHz speed bin (because it will be cheaper than the 600MHz speed bin) for the Pre. So if your part works above 500MHz, then you're just lucky.

-- Rod
    i guess my wording was a bit off in the post earlier. i wasn't suggesting that the 600 speed was all well and good for everyone, but that people who had run the SR600 prior to the update with no trouble seem to be having issues with it after the update. however, it seems in some cases to work if they changed the speed only and didn't enable the SR feature.

thank you for pointing out my error, Rod.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    heads up: 1.35.1 update overwrote luna...run the patch commands again in terminal to clock 600
    interesting. are you sure?
    1.3.5.1 did not cause that effect for me.
  16.    #196  
    yeah, luna was overwritten on both our pres over here.. just re-run the command to be safe
    It did not overwrite my Luna either.
    it definitely set mine back down to 500. but i just entered the one line and i've been back up to speed since then. yes, i fully intented the pun, thanks for noticing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    What exact FILE are you referring to and where is it located. Sorry if I didnt follow well. Also how How can this be done without rooting safely?

senf the FILE to /tmp/LunaSysMgr.new via WebOS Quick Install, scp, ftpget or whatever method.

Get to a command line (use noacomm in Windows/Linux instead of CLI from Pre):
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin/
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv /tmp/LunaSysMgr.new LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    There is no need for any file other than the ones created using these commands. Put plainly, if you want to run your phone at 600mhz with NO smart reflex technology, just run those commands. No further files are necessary.
    random thought. could we implement the smartreflex patch to enable smartreflex at 600mhz or 550mhz after we modified the lunasysmgr? I have it installed on mine and it works fine but I'm not sure how to check if smartreflex is truely enabled.