Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I removed all the patches one by one yesterday in Preware (no themes installed) and just to be safe ran the EPR from Preware tonight when I noticed the update was available. I was downloading the update a few hours ago and left the room for a while and noticed the LED notification was blinking when I came back to my phone (wife left me a text). I opened up launcher>screen & lock and noticed the enable led notification (or whatever it's called) on/off switch is not there. The download was already almost to the point of verification. When it was through downloading my battery was down just below 30% so it didn't start the install yet. I figured this would be a good time to hook the pre up to webosquickinstall to be sure all the patches were removed. So I opened it up and no patches were showing installed (like Preware told me) but I ran the EPR anyway...and got the message that there were no patches installed. The battery got up to 30% and the notification came up to install 1.3.5 so I did and everything went smoothly. I just called my phone from my land line and let the voicemail pick up and once the screen went to sleep the LED started blinking. How could this still be working if the patch is removed? This was one of my favorite patches so it's cool that it works but it seems weird that it's working without the patch installed. If this was a feature of 1.3.5 the on/off switch in screen&lock would be available also, no?
    what you are installing/uninstalling with the patch is the ability to turn the notifcation on and off, so uninstalling it with the notification on will keep the notification light active but will remove the ability to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    what you are installing/uninstalling with the patch is the ability to turn the notifcation on and off, so uninstalling it with the notification on will keep the notification light active but will remove the ability to turn it off.
    Thanks for telling "me" this. I did EPR, and even after the update, the phone still did this. I was like, "***, I thought I removed youuuuu" lol

Now I can go re-install it, just so I can have the option (like i'll ever turn this off lol).

Again, Thanks bro
    I also removed the blink notification prior to installing the update. It still works after 1.3.5.. Interesting.. They must of enabled this feature in the nre update because I haven't fired up preware to reinstall the patch.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Cool, thanks....thought I **** something up.
    What I wanna know is.....why isn't it included in the update??? Come on...why do we have to patch it to work?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    The LED Notification was included in the 1.3.1 update.
    did someone forget to turn the LED before removing it....
    yea , did you turn it OFF and then uninstall? if you just uninstalled it - it will still be on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razieltov View Post
    The LED Notification was included in the 1.3.1 update.
    False.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    this has been discussed in multiple threads... the framework for the patch was included in the firmware by palm but NOT activated... webOS Internals enabled the script so that the option was available to turn on/off notifications. if u had the patch installed and left the LED notifications on, and then uninstalled the patch then it still blinks.

Here is what you have to do, re-install the patch, turn LED notifications off, then remove patch...
    I think we're going to see these claims until Palm actually officially implements it. People just don't understand how it works, and that's the danger of patches.

You can always manually modify the two files to get the slider/option to show up.
    When u go to the wiki page, it clearly says it doesnt work on spanish webos, so am kinda wondering when it will come with this compatibility, cuz, like 45% of palm pre users use Spanish system, so... and had been 3 month and nothing =(