1.    #1  
    Hi All -

I updated to 1.3.5 earlier, and I have noticed that overall the phone is running slower than it was before. Has anyone run into this? This is disconcerting, especially since the update was supposed to make everything, by and large, faster.

It's noticeable for me, as well.
    sorry but my pre is running great maybe you should see the doctor and when he comes in

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Haven't read any other reports of this. Either it's the same or slightly faster. Perhaps something went wrong with yours, or perhaps it's just a negative placebo effect
    It honestly seems about the same to me if not just a tad bit faster. What aspect of it is slower for you?
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Mine flies now!! Calendar zips from day to day, pretty impressive actually. No lag in phone application like there used to be when changing from dial pad to history. Again, pretty impressive speed now so far!
    Feels faster to me also.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Web Browser is SIGNIFICANTLY faster.
    Just trying to create checkerboards is difficult.

Try to do a soft or hard reboot after an update. It can be strenuous on the Pre, ya'know.
    mine is faster too in all areas
    my phone was running sluggish until I restarted. It's running faster then ever now.
    Mine's noticeably faster than it was with that god awful 1.3.1
    yeah, mine seems a little faster too, might be placebo effect.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeh probably placebo effect, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    Hi All -

I updated to 1.3.5 earlier, and I have noticed that overall the phone is running slower than it was before. Has anyone run into this? This is disconcerting, especially since the update was supposed to make everything, by and large, faster.

It's noticeable for me, as well.
    I was experiencing the same, but now I'm wondering if there wasn't some background task following the update that just needed finishing. Things seem to have improved dramatically here about two hours following the update.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Mine seems fine. No slow down. I did notice that tru calendar, the day to day swipe is WAY faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I was experiencing the same, but now I'm wondering if there wasn't some background task following the update that just needed finishing. Things seem to have improved dramatically here about two hours following the update.
    I believe they do some residual cleanup after the restart. Let it settle down, then do a final restart for good measure.

All around, it's significantly faster. The web browser is much faster (huge Slashdot stories and the redesigned Engadget would slam it before, now I can actually browse both in separate cards at the same time). App launching hasn't improved, but they have eliminated the lag after closing an app. The Calender is also much faster in scrolling days. However, I noticed that it will gray-out on week and month views, but it will still react to swipes to the next week/month while its grayed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    In another thread, one of the webOSinternals guys said that when Luna is rerun, it tries to copy over apps installed the old way to the new way, and a bunch of homebrew apps and patches are having issues with this because they're missing "main" in appinfo.json or the appinfo.json entirely.

I wonder if this would be the slowdown you're seeing on boot, as it attempts this and fails.
  17.    #17  
    Ok, so here's an update. I left my phone alone all night, after restarting it twice, and now, overall, it seems a lot snappier. Calendar is blazing fast, things seem to load a bit faster, and the phone, overall, is more usable.

Whatever optimizations Palm made are worthwhile. I'm curious to see what they announce on the software side at CES, and I really hope that GPU enabling is something they will do for the Pre (not just whatever Pre Plus they are announcing for other carriers).
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    the only thing I've noticed so far is that the messaging app seems a lot slower, like when I send a TXT, it takes a lot longer for it to show in the convo list - and it's not in a 'thinking' state (ie, non-blinking cursor).
    DOA: Death Of Auto-Zoom
    I got pulled over in my Pre last night for speeding.

Before I was scared to switch lanes cause those icars were moving to fast.

:-)