1.    #1  
    I've noticed that after my update to webos 1.3.1, I've lost the camera shutter sound when taking photos. After updating to 1.3.5, the sound still hasn't returned. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I do not have the shutter sound off patch installed and I even tried to install it/remove it just to see if it would bring the sound back. No luck

Any suggestions?
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    same here
    I've always had my shutter sound. I have a ton of patches installed too. Make sure you don't have the phone set to vibrate or silent because that will turn it off.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Vanilla 1.3.5 (no patches ever installed) user here and I have a shutter sound.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I've always had my shutter sound. I have a ton of patches installed too. Make sure you don't have the phone set to vibrate or silent because that will turn it off.
    Just checked and it isn't set to vibrate or silent but still no shutter sound. I do remember that I had a patch installed back in 1.2.1 that gave me the option of having a button to turn the sounds on/off.

However I thought that upgrading the OS should've replaced any files turned off. I've also had to run the webOS doctor on 1.3.1 because of the CPU scaling patch.
    Try to install the patch that removes the shutter sound. If it failed to install, chances are you have a hanging patch on that portion of the code. I don't believe Palm has changed the camera app for a while, so it is possible this is still around from 1.2.1.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I am stuck without a shutter sound as well. Before my update to 1.3.1 I neglected to toggle the shutter back on with the green button patch. Since then I have been without a shutter sound in the camera app, as that patch is now obsolete. I suppose I could always doctor to 1.2, load the patch, toggle the shutter on, then update from there, but there has to be an easier way to just enable the sound again. sheesh!
    can someone write a 'enable camera sound patch'?

or maybe the ability to choose a filename for the sound...?
    I too experienced the no sound. I found this on the wiki. Patch Camera Easy Shutter Sound Off - WebOS Internals See if it fixes your problem.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    I am stuck without a shutter sound as well. Before my update to 1.3.1 I neglected to toggle the shutter back on with the green button patch. Since then I have been without a shutter sound in the camera app, as that patch is now obsolete. I suppose I could always doctor to 1.2, load the patch, toggle the shutter on, then update from there, but there has to be an easier way to just enable the sound again. sheesh!
    Exactly what I did. Turned the shutter off and forgot to turn it back on.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I too experienced the no sound. I found this on the wiki. Patch Camera Easy Shutter Sound Off - WebOS Internals See if it fixes your problem.
    I'll try checking to see if the sound still shows as disabled
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Using Quick Install....I retrieved the file from my Pre and here's what it gave me:

CameraPrefsDefaultPrefs = {
    'ALBUM': '100',
    'CAMERA-MAKE': 'Palm',
    'CAMERA-MODEL': 'Pre ',
    'COUNT': '1',
    'FILE-PREFIX': 'PRE_',
    'GEOTAGGING': 'enabled',
    'GPS-ACCURACY-METER': 'disabled',
    'GPS-FIX-MAX-AGE': '120',
    'GPS-FIX-TIME': '0',
    'GPS-LOCATION': '{latitude:53.691869, longitude:-1.633192}',
    'PATH-PREFIX': '/media/internal/DCIM/',
    'SOUNDS': 'enabled',
    'FLASH': '1',
    'LAST_CAPTURE_TIME': '0',
    'CAPTURE_IDLE_TIME_MAX': '120000',
    'WHITE_BALANCE_DELAY': '1',
    'CAPTURE_REVIEW_DELAY': '1000',
    'EXIF_COMMAND': 'json'
    };

So changing it to disabled and back to enabled may fix the problem?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    My phone is entirely unmodified and I have no shutter sound. I don't particularly miss it though!
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    dont know if this is realated but after the update i would get calls and text but no "ring" or text tone. i went into sound settings reselected my ring tone and everything worked again
  14.    #14  
    Well I just noticed in preware that the shutter sound button is back. I installed the patch and it showed the sound as muted (exactly as it was the last time the patch worked). I un-muted and now the sound is back.

Not sure how this patch is muting the sound but nonetheless it works now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emeraldayotte; 01/09/2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add pic