Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    To fix the error just reinstall the package manager service and to be safe also preware. I did this with the WebOS Quick Install and it is working perfect now.

Hope this helps to relieve any headaches

-------------Moderator Note-------------
    Detailed Instructions have been added here: webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/30/2009 at 04:32 PM.
    my camera icon is gone I can't see it I only see the name and I can't move it around :/ some one help me has this happened to anyone else?
    Were can I find Preware file

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Nevermind

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    do u have webos Quick Install version 2.96 downloaded? if so follow these steps:
    Installing Preware with WebOS Quick Install

Simple step-by-step instructions with screenshots are here: Getting Started: Preware

* Put your device in Developer Mode
    * Run WebOS Quick Install
    * Press the third button on the right
    * Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    * Select Package Manager Service from the list.
    * Press DOWNLOAD.
    * Press INSTALL.
    * Press the third button on the right
    * Choose WebOS Internals Feed (all) from the dropdown list at the top.
    * Select Preware from the list.
    * Press DOWNLOAD.
    * Press INSTALL.
    Also, if you have MVApp service, you can use the command "mvapp upw" to update preware/package manager service OTA. It requires internet access.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    posted that a little too late i guess. lol
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    To fix the error just reinstall the package manager service and to be safe also preware. I did this with the WebOS Quick Install and it is working perfect now.

Thank you! I had been feeling smug at not having many of the problems others reported with previous updates, then I couldn't even open good old reliable PreWare. I was about to freak, then I saw your thread. I just re-installed Pkg Mgr Svc and PreWare, and it seems more OK. However, it is not listing the previously installed Homebrew apps for some reason.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    mine doesnt show that either. it could be due to the apps being stored in another area of the phones memory now. im not sure
    hey i have windows 7 and i have webos quick installed and its telling me to connect my device and its plugged in i dont know what to do can somebody help me??
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey i have windows 7 and i have webos quick installed and its telling me to connect my device and its plugged in i dont know what to do can somebody help me??
    Probably, but this is not the proper thread to ask about that on
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    preware only seemed to be working. GNU Patch and DiffStat are no longer installing using WEBOS quick install - error mesages all the time. without these two no patches can be applied
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    Also, if you have MVApp service, you can use the command "mvapp upw" to update preware/package manager service OTA. It requires internet access.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    preware only seemed to be working. GNU Patch and DiffStat are no longer installing using WEBOS quick install - error mesages all the time. without these two no patches can be applied
    I uninstall Preware before update then re-install it after the update, and work fine, I had both Diffstat & GNU patch working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I doctored my phone, so those two things weren't left on there and there aren't being recognized by Preware. That is, Preware doesn't install them and if you make WebOSQI do it (if you install a patch via it, it'll download and install them automatically), Preware won't recognize that they are installed and so, you can't download anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I haven't been able to get WebOS Quick Install or the Doctor to work under Windows 7 at all, even after trying all the different ways to install Novacom.

I can confirm everything works fine in Windows XP Virtual Machine running under Windows 7 though, if you have the Professional or Ultimate editions. That mode is a godsend.
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post

Good advice, I am now back to normal.. yet, sleep deprived. Curse these evening updates.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i uninstalled package manager and preware and go to reinstall it.. and it never leaves the quick install screen? and when i unplug the usb its not there? any ideas?
    I have Win 7 and have successfully installed Web OS Quick install twice...it works if you use ORCA to edit the .msi file.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast