Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    preware works just reinstall using Web OS installer
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Use v2.9 and delete and reinstall package manager and preware
    Quote Originally Posted by ldeskins View Post
    Thanks, I had Preload installed and just reinstalled the package manager service OTA with Preload. Preware works again but I did need to restart to get all of the feeds.

I kept Filecoaster, Preload and Preware on the phone and now I am glad I did. WebOS Quick Install is (too) not hard to use unless you don't have a computer near. Thanks again for the help.
    I'm surprised that you were able to use PreLoad to update the Package Manager Service, but not able to use Preware, since PreLoad actually uses the same Package Manager Service from Preware to install advanced homebrew packages like the Package Manager Service.

So if Preware wasn't able to use the existing Package Manager Service to upgrade the Package Manager Service, then I don't see how PreLoad was able to do it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    New version of WebOS Install and Doctor and then deleting and reinstalling Preware, Package Manager Service and Luna Manager to be thorough fixed my problem.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm surprised that you were able to use PreLoad to update the Package Manager Service, but not able to use Preware, since PreLoad actually uses the same Package Manager Service from Preware to install advanced homebrew packages like the Package Manager Service.

So if Preware wasn't able to use the existing Package Manager Service to upgrade the Package Manager Service, then I don't see how PreLoad was able to do it.

-- Rod
    I wasn't able to reinstall Preware using Preload on my wife's phone and had plug in and use WebOSQI. However, I was able to update Preware on mine using MvAPP (command 'mvapp upw'). I then updated Preware and Package Manager Service and I was back in business!

BTW, i was also able to download and install Virtual Keyboad and it's working just fine for me. I too miss the Email in Landscape patch (I'll sit and wait patiently like everyone else should) but every other patch is working for me.

You guys Rock! Thanks for all of your hard work
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I reinstalled PM .9.27 and Preware and EMS and my Preware is working now. My Palm App catalog is working and installing correctly too. But when I select any patch in Preware to install, Preware then says that it depends on the "Diffstat" and "GNU patch" to be installed. Before I hit ok to install my selected patch along with Diffstat and GNU patch on my Preware, is there a correct way to install Diffstat and GNU patch on my Pre so that all Preware patch installs in the future will work?

I have seen some forum postings that some users had the same experience, but when they installed their patch along with Diffstat and GNU patch on Preware, their install was not successful and they were not able to install any patches.

Should I install Diffstat and GNU patch using webOS Quick Install?

Thanks!
    Dan
    i cant install any patches now i have the new up date it says error installing: see ipkg log

anyone know whats wrong here

i have preware v0.9.12

-------------Moderator Note-------------
    Detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/30/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    same issue for me
    So, 1.3.5 installed before I could unload all my patches. Preware doesn't open up now. (Onfeeds error; typerror: cannot read property 'length' of undefined) What is the easiest way of getting my preware back working.

webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/30/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've seen this on 1 patch so far (Landscape email) but I have installed others with no problem.
    yeah i dont know why........
    I am having the same issue...also inspite of preware saying that it installs a theme and showing it in my installed packages, the theme does not display
    I am able to download homebrew apps and they seem to work fine
    im afraid to even try a webdoctor i dont want to loose my contacts again like before
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I had this same issue after updating to 1.3.5. Solution is to use WebOS quickinstall to remove Preware and Package Manager. Then reboot the phone by pressing Orange Key + Sym Key + R Key at the same time. Next, use Quick Install to reinstall Package Manager and Preware and reboot a 2nd time. Preware then works correctly. Problem solved!
    ok i will try that thx
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Use WebOS QuickInstall to remove Package Manager and Preware. Reboot phone, then use QuickInstall to reinstall Package Manager and Preware. Problem should be solved. Many are having this same issue.
    Detailed Instructions have been added here: webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    I removed the preware through the device and reinstalled the package manager and the preware through quickinstall but am not able to download any patches. I keep getting an error installing: see ipkg log
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast