Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am not able to get Preware to work again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both PMS and Preware, separately. I could see the PMS briefly as i should before the first launch of Preware. As the error states "PMS not running" to restart Preware, then if no success, restart phone and wait for Internet connection which i have...dont get it. I have followed this threads advice twice. I can use Quick Install OK, but im a Preware girl.
    Does anyone have a workable link to download the latest preware? All the links I am finding are old...
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey i have windows 7 and i have webos quick installed and its telling me to connect my device and its plugged in i dont know what to do can somebody help me??
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I haven't been able to get WebOS Quick Install or the Doctor to work under Windows 7 at all, even after trying all the different ways to install Novacom.

I can confirm everything works fine in Windows XP Virtual Machine running under Windows 7 though, if you have the Professional or Ultimate editions. That mode is a godsend.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I have Win 7 and have successfully installed Web OS Quick install twice...it works if you use ORCA to edit the .msi file.

If your W7 machine isn't seeing your Pre properly, then you need to manually 'eject' it by right-clicking the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in the taskbar. Find the Pre and eject it. Then physically unplug the Pre and start over. This ALWAYS fixes it for me, and I typically have to do this to get the doctor working as well.
    no 'Thanks'
    I was able to get it working again, however, everytime I open Preware, it says "Fixing unknown packages" from 1 to 195. Then, it opens up Preware. Is it normal?
    I was wondering what the hell to do lol. Thanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I am not able to get Preware to work again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both PMS and Preware, separately. I could see the PMS briefly as i should before the first launch of Preware. As the error states "PMS not running" to restart Preware, then if no success, restart phone and wait for Internet connection which i have...dont get it. I have followed this threads advice twice. I can use Quick Install OK, but im a Preware girl.
    I'm having the same problem. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by @webosinternals
    Package Manager 0.9.27 is released, with a fix for the Package Manager Service not running problem that affected a small number of people.
    That should fix the Package Manager not starting issue.
    Now my particular problem... How can I uninstall Preware and Package Manager via WebOS Quick Install? I know it's probably stupid simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    preware installed, themes install, applications install, but patches won't work at all. I just get the default error installing for every patch. Anyone else having issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylemmulo View Post
    preware installed, themes install, applications install, but patches won't work at all. I just get the default error installing for every patch. Anyone else having issues?
    That's the same problem I have. I'm not sure if it's something 1.3.5 broke and the patches need recoding, or if i just need to uninstall and reinstall Preware and Package Manager again.
    Ok, I'm a crackhead. Device management under tools. At least in the new version (2.9.6). I had an out of date version.
    The newest Package Manager worked like a charm - thanks to all involved!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    someone said to reinstall diffstat and gnu patch and that would fix the patch problem, going to try that when I get home
    Last edited by Cylemmulo; 12/29/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    Uninstalling Package Manager and Preware then installing (using the version 2.9.6 of PM released today) appears to have corrected my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I was able to get it working again, however, everytime I open Preware, it says "Fixing unknown packages" from 1 to 195. Then, it opens up Preware. Is it normal?
    Same thing is happening to me.
    when I get a txt or email my phone doesn't wake up it only makes a sound and the little ball starts blinking anybody else having the same problem or is this new in webos 1.3.5
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    With most things like that a quick restart will fix it. Remove any theme you may have installed also.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhines77 View Post
    To fix the error just reinstall the package manager service and to be safe also preware. I did this with the WebOS Quick Install and it is working perfect now.

Hope this helps to relieve any headaches
    Thanks, I had Preload installed and just reinstalled the package manager service OTA with Preload. Preware works again but I did need to restart to get all of the feeds.

I kept Filecoaster, Preload and Preware on the phone and now I am glad I did. WebOS Quick Install is (too) not hard to use unless you don't have a computer near. Thanks again for the help.
    Don't forget, you have to enable developer mode on your phone or WebOS Quick Install won't recognize your Pre.

I'm running Win 7 x64.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylemmulo View Post
    I'm having the same issue... hope someone knows how to fix it, because I'm clueless and I miss my patches.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast