Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    all apps get almost completely downloaded then I get a pop up that a resart is required and the install fails. After restarting phone the same thing still happens. Anyone else?
    Just posted this in another thread on the same issue:

That sounds like your flash memory is full, so it hasn't completed moving all of your apps from /var/usr/palm/applications/ to /media/internal/. Clear up some space, then let it reboot and you should be fine. I had the same issue.
  3.    #3  
    thanks jhoff! I'm not near a pc for a while. will simply deleting a few app store apps via the phone and rebooting do the trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    thanks jhoff! I'm not near a pc for a while. will simply deleting a few app store apps via the phone and rebooting do the trick?
    Not quite sure, unfortunately. I'd think so, but I'm not entirely sure.
    I've only used 2.6 gigs of my flash memory. Don't we have something like a total of 6 gigs available?

Removing my music and restarting the phone and taking out the battery, etc etc, does no good either.
    my camera icon is gone I can't see it I only see the name and I can't move it around :/ some one help me has this happened to anyone else?
    Okay, weird, looks like people aren't all having the same issue then.
    It's probably related, though. At one point, instead of giving me the error it gave me before, it said that the app required around 4445.75M of space (it was the Bubbles app, and yes, just an M) and I should clear off some space. So I went and cleared off half a gig and it went back to same Restart Required errors. I do notice that everytime it restarts it says it's updating something, but I guess it's not getting the job done right.
    my camera is working fine... cannot install apps though
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've got the same issue...I can install apps via ipk and WebOS QI but not from the App Catalog.
    Palm support chat has no idea how to resolve this issue. I'm doctoring back to 1.3.1 and upgrading again to 1.3.5.
    I'm having the same issue. Everything else seems to be working fine.
    Same issue here
    Same issue. Are all of our phones rooted? Do we all have the MvApp installed?

In my case I have MvApp but all the apps were never moved out of their partition, only the email is moved to the internal storage.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    just posted on the other similar thread. Try a manual restart by holding the power button. That fixed it for me. The phone spent about 2 minutes updating during the restart. Don't use the restart button in the app catalog when you get the error. App Catalog is working perfect now.
    same here I tried deleting an app and reinstalling and still wont work
    Just noticed something interesting. I went to remove some of my music from my Pre, but I couldn't see anything in USB mode. This may have something to do with the fact that I synced this information originally with iTunes (I still have an old version and I'm still using it for syncing). I'm trying a new sync with iTunes now to see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikepre View Post
    just posted on the other similar thread. Try a manual restart by holding the power button. That fixed it for me. The phone spent about 2 minutes updating during the restart. Don't use the restart button in the app catalog when you get the error. App Catalog is working perfect now.
    Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue for me...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I never had MvApp installed. I'm going to let my sync finish, see if that freed up space for the app catalog to work. If it doesn't, I'll try the manual restart method and post back here about whether or not that worked.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Same issue here
    count me in as well, there has to be something related, I had preware intalled with patches and I thought I had uninstalled them correctly but now, I dont know..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast