Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    works with the new package manager service from preware check it out guys just reboot after installing it and itll work
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    all apps get almost completely downloaded then I get a pop up that a resart is required and the install fails. After restarting phone the same thing still happens. Anyone else?
    I previously had some patches installed, then I removed them before I updated to 1.3.5. I had the problem with the apps not installing or updating themselves and the systems kept asking to restart a zillion times. I restarted through the prompt from the App Catalog updating service as well as a hard restart, problem did not go away.

Solution that worked for me: Hard Reset, it was easy as pie thanks to the new and improved Palm Backup. I just backed up my photos from the photo roll by connecting to my pc as a USB drive, that took literally 5 minutes. The Hard Reset got me back up and making phone calls within another 5 minutes. After, I signed into my Palm Profile, all apps and connectivity to my email accounts and instant messenger restored automatically.

Amazing...my retired iPhone 3g can't do that and neither can Android. Imagine you're on a business trip with an iPhone or Android device and they need to be reset (for whatever reason), you basically lose everything since your last sync with your computer. Palm WebOS is based on cloud computing principles and does not rely as much on your computer.

Palm is like the little red engine "I think I think I can." Go Palm WebOS !!
    I'm also having the "need to restart" issue with only App Catalog apps.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by felipe55 View Post
    I previously had some patches installed, then I removed them before I updated to 1.3.5. I had the problem with the apps not installing or updating themselves and the systems kept asking to restart a zillion times. I restarted through the prompt from the App Catalog updating service as well as a hard restart, problem did not go away.

Solution that worked for me: Hard Reset, it was easy as pie thanks to the new and improved Palm Backup. I just backed up my photos from the photo roll by connecting to my pc as a USB drive, that took literally 5 minutes. The Hard Reset got me back up and making phone calls within another 5 minutes. After, I signed into my Palm Profile, all apps and connectivity to my email accounts and instant messenger restored automatically.

Amazing...my retired iPhone 3g can't do that and neither can Android. Imagine you're on a business trip with an iPhone or Android device and they need to be reset (for whatever reason), you basically lose everything since your last sync with your computer. Palm WebOS is based on cloud computing principles and does not rely as much on your computer.

Palm is like the little red engine "I think I think I can." Go Palm WebOS !!
    Except for the fact that most peoples contacts dont' back up, hence why I'm using google now.

I had to reset my phone and lost 400 contacts, never to be found again. 6 years worth of information.

Palm Profile/Backup SUCKS ***. BIG TIME.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    I can't update or install apps now. I did not have Preware installed prior to this but my phone was patched via WebOsInstall.
    I set up an account through the app catalog "Preferences & Accounts". Had to give them a credit card number but now the update errors are gone and i can download apps
    Run the Emergency Migration Helper tool from Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ran emergency migration help and updated the new package manager serive for preeware. Now I am able to install apps from the app catalog.
    yup me too i dnt know wat happen with app catalog
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Run the Emergency Migration Helper tool from Preware.

-- Rod
    Rod,
    Appreciate your efforts. Donation sent. This worked for me based on your various posts.

Finally got the App catalog to fix.

Turn on Developer Mode - WebOS20090606
    Hook up Pre to computer, select Just Charge
    Remove Package Mgr Server, PreWare and Emerg Migration Helper with WebOS Quick Install (see http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html)
    Add back Package Mgr Server 9.29 FIRST
    Then add PreWare 9.12
    Then add Emergency Migration Helper
    Finally turn off developer mode
    Last edited by bkcrown; 01/03/2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Tag
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234