Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Patience people. My theory is that there is some interaction between Preware and the App Catalog. I'm sure our favorite Preware developers are going to look into this and figure it out eventually, and possibly give us a way to fix it without having to doctor our phones.

The update just came out; give it a day or so. I wish I had time to look into what the issue is but I have to get up early tomorrow and sleep is a must. Sigh.

At least the phone is working.

-Z
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    definatley Preware related, because my wife's pre that never got Preware is working fine. I had removed all patches off of my phone before I updated and still having problems installing apps
    i'm in the same boat as you, migs. My wife's phone never got preware installed and it works perfectly. Mine is all screwed up. I guess that's the price you pay sometimes for hacking. Freaking sucks though.
    I had Preware on my phone, but removed all my hacks and patches prior to the upgrade (had no themes). After the upgrade I tried to reinstall Preware using WOSQI, but it didn't work (no error, just never appeared on the device). I tried a commandline install of an ipk using "palm-install" but that failed too. I didn't try an App Catalog install.

My USB partition was almost totally full with music and other stuff. I think something failed during the upgrade as a result. I ran WOSQI and uninstalled whatever applications it listed (it only showed a couple), then pulled up iTunes and un-sync'd my music, which freed up 6-7GB of space. I then held the power button down and selected "shut down". I left it shut down for several minutes. When I turned it back on, it appeared to continue the upgrade for a couple minutes, then finished. I can now install Preware and App Catalog apps. I think everything's cool, but I'm going to bed now without testing absolutely everything. My guess is the lack of space messed up the upgrade and clearing it up, followed by the full shutdown/restart got it going again.

Hope that helps someone.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

doing a "partial erase" (device info - reset options) now. Anyone notice they couldn't backup...just got stuck on the "preparing" phase. Prob confused with apps in both places. Partial erase should fix this but there should have been a more elegant way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeMcG View Post
    I have Preware installed and don't have the problem.
    My guess is this person didn't have any homebrew apps?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Same problem here. After the initial install I could see my quick apps on the bottom but when I brought up all the other apps I could not see anything at all. I did a partial reset and after the pre booted back up I saw all my apps except for one. It was the tetris demo and it just showed an empty square. I just checked my phone again and the icon is there now. I do have preware installed but all patches removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    who ever is having problems can you verify if you ever had Preware installed (even if you think you removed the patches before the update)
    I'm having the problem (and haven't resolved it after several hard resets). I had both Preware and MVAPP installed. I'm going to give it until tomorrow, then start deleting HomeBrew apps and see what that gets me.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    who ever is having problems can you verify if you ever had Preware installed (even if you think you removed the patches before the update)
    Yes, I have Preware installed.
    Last edited by stung; 12/29/2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: An older version of Quickinstall sees Preware
    Not sure if it's any help, but I had preware and a crapton of patches and homebrew apps installed. I ran EPR and WebOS Repair Utility with override compatibility on and then updated. I'm having no issues downloading apps.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Partial reset did work for me.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    worked for me as well. I am good at the moment.
    FWIW...I did take out all the patches and the theme before update, but had left the PreWare on. Updated and had issues with the apps. I did partial reset and no prob. Of course, partial reset is a big pain in the a**.

BTW...I did notice that now I could sync when I started from the prompt screen after partial reset. I don't remember being able to that before.
    Last edited by ectoren; 12/29/2009 at 02:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    guys i heard theyres going to be a new updat eon the package manager service for the preware but dont no if its going to fix anything i stilll dont no what to do if i shud partial erase or just wait =[
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    guys i heard theyres going to be a new updat eon the package manager service for the preware but dont no if its going to fix anything i stilll dont no what to do if i shud partial erase or just wait =[
    it has just beed updated go to preware and it didn't do anything I still vant download apps
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    wow now we have a problem hope someone fixes this or else ima have to have a fone with no downloading capabilty =[
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    i downloaded the preware manager and its updating my system
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    i downloaded the preware manager and its updating my system
    is it working for you?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    its still updating system when it works ill tell u did it update yur system???/
    See this thread http: // forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/221303-installing-apps-not-working-1-3-5-a-4.html (remove the spaces)

It's a known issue and the @webosinternals guys are on it. Follow them on twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast