Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to install an app? I've tried three different ones and after I try, it pops up with Install Failed and "Restart Required: System adjustments must be made before installation can continue"

[Moderator Note]
    If you are having this problem, detailed instructions have been added here:
    webOS 1.3.5 Issues
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 12/31/2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Yeah app catalog installation not working for me either. Hmmm.
    That sounds like your flash memory is full, so it hasn't completed moving all of your apps from /var/usr/palm/applications/ to /media/internal/. Clear up some space, then let it reboot and you should be fine. I had the same issue.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That sounds like your flash memory is full, so it hasn't completed moving all of your apps from /var/usr/palm/applications/ to /media/internal/. Clear up some space, then let it reboot and you should be fine. I had the same issue.
    I've got 258MB left, how much do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I've got 258MB left, how much do you need?
    Depends on how many apps you have installed? I don't know. That's about how much I needed to free up, so maybe it's a different issue.
  6.    #6  
    I increased mine to a gig and still no dice. I also removed Preware in case it was screwing something up, no change, though. :\ Guess I'll wait for the WebOSDoctor. I wasn't dying to install anything, just test out the list of improvements.
    I'm having the same problem. 961 MB free, plus I even removed a few apps to make sure I was under the 'old' limit for the copy. Still no luck. This really sucks since I couldn't wait for 1.3.5 just for the removal of the app limit. Now I've deleted apps and can't install anything. I really want to say something negative about the Palm team right now, but I'll resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Has anyone been able to install an app? I've tried three different ones and after I try, it pops up with Install Failed and "Restart Required: System adjustments must be made before installation can continue"
    getting the same error here too
    Same error here and I have over 3 gigs of memory left. I don't know what's going on.
    Just downloaded 2 apps and work fine... BETA banner gone as well.
    Same error as well. Before the update, was getting "not enough room" error when trying to install update for Paratrooper.

Post update, got this "systems adjustment" notice when trying to install the update, which reboots the phone. Try the install again, same notice. Deleted Paratrooper and tried fresh install, same "systems adjustment" notice.

I guess we know why the app limit fix wasn't in official list of fixed items...maybe because it's not fixed
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Ohh ... this looks bad ... I'm getting the same thing trying to download an app. Tells me I need to "restart" for a "system adjustment", I do that, but the app isn't installed, needs to be updated, but the update just does the same thing.

I think we need a 1.3.6
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i'm getting the same problem and in have like 6 gigs space left
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Same error as well. Before the update, was getting "not enough room" error when trying to install update for Paratrooper.

Post update, got this "systems adjustment" notice when trying to install the update, which reboots the phone. Try the install again, same notice. Deleted Paratrooper and tried fresh install, same "systems adjustment" notice.

I guess we know why the app limit fix wasn't in official list of fixed items...maybe because it's not fixed
    I hadn't hit the app limit, actually don't think i was close and still getting the same error message.
    I have the same problem also some people are having the same proble and some aren't blahhhh and when I restart my pre it shows the little thing when it's installing an update for like a sec and right after it's done restarting it makes a notification sound
  16. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    its not just install, it gives the same error on any update attempt
    I'm getting same error also... Who do we contact about this? And not just app catalog but I can't download from file coaster
    LOL this is getting to be a costly monthly payment joke...after the upgrade no apps, and no phone just switches from "sprint" to "offline" IS IT JAN YET???? will be moving on!!
    same with me getting installed error tried resetting numerous times and same thing is happening

fred
    To fix the Phone Offline....Turn Airline Mode ON then Back off....fixed it for me....
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast