Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    can anyone help us plz???????????????
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Full Reset from "Device Info" fixed the problem for me.

Is it safe to install the Package Manager and Preware now that my App Catalog is working?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    i download package manager service the new one and its saying updating system might work
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    can anyone help us plz???????????????
    1. either full or partial erase from Device Info >> Reset options

- OR -

2. wait for the update to Preware/Package Manager service as "emoney" mentioned on the previous page. Those webosinternals guys will have it fixed in a jiffy.

Follow them on twitter at @webosinternals

I didn't have the patience so I went with #1. But I will wait on the other 3 pre's in our family for #2
    Fixed the problem for myself by deleting a bunch of applications using QuickInstall. On the next reboot I got the "system updating" screen with the white circle. Works perfectly now.
    it works now...

update to newest package service that was just released (i updated through preware)
    it'll restart java after the patch...

then i went to try to install an app from app catalog and it gave the error saying it needs to restart / install failed

i choose restart and then it went through this updating the system screen (similar to the update screen for 1.3.5)

after it was done now i can install apps through app catalog!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    mines rebooting hope it works
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    works with the new package manager service from preware check it out guys just reboot after installing it and itll work
    yay it's working for some reason my phone was updating the system when I restarted it though idk what that was :/
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    yay it's working for some reason my phone was updating the system when I restarted it though idk what that was :/

That's the app migration that takes place when Luna is restarted, moving the apps from /var to /media/cryptofs/apps

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Same here Im also getting this problem... what is going on.... will it clear up on its own? or do we need another lame update...
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by robert323 View Post
    works with the new package manager service from preware check it out guys just reboot after installing it and itll work
    You guys are the BOMB!!!! I went to bed super late last night thinking I was gonna have to FULL ERASE and rebuild my phone...I got up this morning and y'all have fixed it....I installed the package manager update and rebooted....seems to be going through the update as it is supposed to....will update more in a few!

THANKS!!!!!!

FIRST UPDATE: Went through the System Update and then did a reboot...got stuck on the "glowing" Palm logo....waited about 5 min...took the battery out and put it back in...now I am stuck on the palm logo...aaaaahhhhh....what to do now....

SECOND UPDATE: Seemed to take forever to boot back up after putting the battery back in and then as soon as it was booted it told me it needed to do a system update and that I needed to restart....Hmm....waiting for it to boot again....wait for it....wait for it.....wait for it...

THIRd UPDATE: Updating the Package Manager did not seem to work for me...tried to download updates nad got the same message about the download failing and needing to restart.....ARG....seems that PALM really screwed this one up....

Any ideas? I am out of them!!!

NEXT UPDATE: I finally have in and am doing a FULL ERASE as we speak...if this does not work..guess I move to the Doctor...almost ready to move back to Windows Mobile...( I did say almost...LOL)
    Last edited by JaxDreamFunding; 12/29/2009 at 07:06 AM.
    After installing new package service, was still getting error. Launched Preware, let it load packages, still no dice. Emergency Migration tool did the trick, however. Thanks!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Preware doesn't load for me. I get an "OnFeeds Error" saying:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined.

Ideas???
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Anyway - partial erase works, no need to doctor the phone. Now I'm having fun installing everything back at lightning speed, no really...since you can download multiple programs at once
    Does partial erase remove all of your TXT message history? Any way to back this up?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Guys - check out Rod Whitby's post here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2112009

Trying it now...
    I am so frustrated that I am probably not thinking straight...so I need some help...

None of the "fixes" that were posted for 1.3.5 did me ay good...so I did a FULL ERASE...this seemes to have fixed my App Store issues...all of my patches seem to still be installed, but I can not connect my Pre to my laptop to get QuickInstall to reload PreWare. Before the update my computer use to me two low bonks when I pluggd it in ... the Pre said it was charging and QI worked fine...not I get the normal USB tones when the pre is plugged in and QI does not see it...

Windows Vista Device Manager sees the Device as a USB drive but I can not get to is from My Computer unless I put the pre in USB mode...

Please....I need to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

UPDATE -- Okay....I figured it out...I forgot to turn on Dev Mode ... seems to be working now...I think.
    Last edited by JaxDreamFunding; 12/29/2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    I am so frustrated that I am probably not thinking straight...so I need some help...

None of the "fixes" that were posted for 1.3.5 did me ay good...so I did a FULL ERASE...this seemes to have fixed my App Store issues...all of my patches seem to still be installed, but I can not connect my Pre to my laptop to get QuickInstall to reload PreWare. Before the update my computer use to me two low bonks when I pluggd it in ... the Pre said it was charging and QI worked fine...not I get the normal USB tones when the pre is plugged in and QI does not see it...

Windows Vista Device Manager sees the Device as a USB drive but I can not get to is from My Computer unless I put the pre in USB mode...

Please....I need to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
    Did you put it into developer mode?
    i have i reinstalled Where. did you uninstall all patches preware homebrew themes program manager etc? because before i uninstalled it all i couldnt dwnload them either. just a suggestion. hope you get it working.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast