Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    No i do have the developer more enabled. Connecting the pre to my computer gives me a error "usb device not recognized." Since my computer does not recognize my pre, I cannot access webos quick install or anything else.
    something is wrong with your computer then lol. Maybe you need to reinstall your drivers. Anyway my phone just finished re-installing the update and i can now download from the app cataloge with no problems. Whatever the problem was it was something i did i guess. Webosdoctor worked!
    Known Issue, stay tuned for fix

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Known Issue, stay tuned for fix

Ok, so a "known issue" with Preware since you are a webosinternals developer?

Anyway - partial erase works, no need to doctor the phone. Now I'm having fun installing everything back at lightning speed, no really...since you can download multiple programs at once

Conjecture: Now JR's secret is out. WebOS 1.3.5 + hidden opengl libraries makes that NFS demo the CES Secret. Hence the whole reason to mention Webos1.3.5 specficially by name to investors, since it lays the openGL libraries down? Awesome eh?

Gonna hold off on re-installing my Preware and patches till they get this sorted out.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I haven't tried to use the mvapp ever, and I can't get my apps to update, nor can I install new applications. I tried deleting the offending apps, but to no avail. Hopefully we can figure out a solution. I'm sick and tired of Doctoring my phone.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I was havng the same problem with adding apps. I saw in the device info/more info- the NAI was not me. Was not my profile. So did a hard/full reset and then logged in my profile and everything is working for me.
    Doctoring it worked for me, though now that I have preware reinstalled I have to uninstall and reinstall everything I've ever installed with it, because none of it works. Time consuming, but at least everything functions now.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post

Anyway - partial erase works, no need to doctor the phone. Now I'm having fun installing everything back at lightning speed, no really...since you can download multiple programs at once

Conjecture: Now JR's secret is out. WebOS 1.3.5 + hidden opengl libraries makes that NFS demo the CES Secret. Hence the whole reason to mention Webos1.3.5 specficially by name to investors, since it lays the openGL libraries down? Awesome eh?

Gonna hold off on re-installing my Preware and patches till they get this sorted out.

How come after doing a partial reset I had to put in all of my email and IM passwords again after it restored from backup?
    I take that back. I can't uninstall my preware patches, which for some reason still exist on the phone even though I uninstalled all of them before I manually backed up the device before installing 1.3.5 the first time . . . I have no idea what's going on anymore. I'm going to bed.
    From bad to worse. After doing a partial erase (again) my phone got stuck on the boot screen! palm logo, no bright. running webos doctor now as I've been forced away from all other choices.

Fun times.
    Not Preware's fault.

The issue has been tracked down to homebrew's that have /var/usr/palm/applications/ data but no "main" element in appinfo.json. Palm's app migration code seems to fail when there it can't find a main in the appinfo.json file. It tries to migrate every time luna is restarted, but as long as a homebrew is installed without an appinfo.json or with one that doesn't contain a main, then it will continue to fail the migration and give this problem.

Some services and all patches have no appinfo.json file and are known to fail in this manner.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Not Preware's fault.

The issue has been tracked down to homebrew's that have /var/usr/palm/applications/ data but no "main" element in appinfo.json. Palm's app migration code seems to fail when there it can't find a main in the appinfo.json file. It tries to migrate every time luna is restarted, but as long as a homebrew is installed without an appinfo.json or with one that doesn't contain a main, then it will continue to fail the migration and give this problem.

Some services and all patches have no appinfo.json file and are known to fail in this manner.
    so what can we do? Anything palm can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    so what can we do? Anything palm can do?
    It's not anything for Palm to do. Rod is putting in the necessary workarounds into package manager service that will fix the issues.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelsWin View Post
    How come after doing a partial reset I had to put in all of my email and IM passwords again after it restored from backup?
    yeah that was wierd - I thought it was me too. Maybe its some new security thing?
    It's not anything for Palm to do. Rod is putting in the necessary workarounds into package manager service that will fix the issues.
    Thanks emoney for working on this!! Palm hasn't said a thing on any of the forums or twitter?
    ohhh ok thanks a lot I was a little lost for a bit I always have my things straight thanks again
    Thanks emoney for working on this!! Palm hasn't said a thing on any of the forums or twitter?
    Well in Palm world all apps need an appinfo.json file and a main: element is a required part of that. A normal mojo app can't really work without it. They haven't made any bad assumptions on their part because they can't be expected to take into account the hombrew scene (and more specifically the -advanced- non-mojo homebrew). If only mojo apps were installed, then there shouldn't be any issues. It's when the more advanced homebrew that don't follow the mojo-app guidelines get mixed in that unforeseen issues like this occur. But new package manager service with fixes will be out soon, now it's time for me to sleep

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    so should we do a partial erase or just wait and see what happens till tomoro?????
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Oh well, I did a partial reset and it fixed the ability to install apps.

Sucks though that I lost my past text messages and dialog. That and I had to re-setup my email accounts. Booo!!
    an update was just release for the service manager and it didn't do anything :/
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast