Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I think if you go to Device Info there is an option in there somewhere for "hard reset". Or try popping battery out/in.

I'm getting the same error about system restart required when downloading apps. My theory is that perhaps it only moves a portion of the apps and needs to cycle thru a few times. I will let it restart itself 5 times and if no luck will do a hard reset and let u know what I find.

I'm not sure how their QA missed this
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    what steps did you take for the hard reset?
    Typed Reset - Device Info - Reset Options - Full Erase

Prior to doing any of that i copied my pictures, music and videos off the Pre. Now everything is fine, reinstalled all of my apps and added a few more for good measure, seems to be okay.

I'll wait until PreWare is updated before i re-add it.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    definatley Preware related, because my wife's pre that never got preware is working fine. I had removed all patches off of my phone before I updated and still having problems installing apps
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Are you serious?? What the heck?? I'm having the same frickin issues only now it's worse. I can't get into Preware, I can't download/update my apps (so I cannot use them), my phone is practically useless right now.

And yes, I used the EPR, restarted, did a soft reset to be sure, removed Preware and Package Mgr via WebOS quick install. Restarted, reinstalled via WebOS quick install... did it all right... and here I am.

I'm really getting tired of this. Suggestions?? Anyone??
    uninstall all the apps via webos quick install. Delete mvapp and preware and package manager and any utility program and you should be able to download from app store properly.
    So all preware stuff is what is causing the problem??
    Simple Power-off and Shutdown didn't solve this for me. Deleted about 10 apps. That didn't help either. Hmm - any ideas people?
    I'm going the WebOS Doctor route. Ever since 1.3.1 the doctor preserves your music and photos.
    Deleted Preware thru WebOS QI and everything installed - still a no go. I think the reason why we can't see all the apps installed is that the Web OS QI can only read stuff installed in teh new app folder. THe stuff in teh old app folder must be causing issue.

Next up gonna try deleting all installed programs manually.

Is everyone that is having problems - are you a homebrew programs user and/or Preware User?
    deleting all my apps and then a full reset fixed mine.
    I am trying to do a hard reset but now cannot even connect my pre to my 2 windows 7 laptops and a windows xp desktop. USB Device not recognized is the error is get every time and I cannot access the usb on pre (it goes straight to charging and I cannot access media sync or usp options). So no new apps from app catalog, no preware, and no access webos quick install, or usb drive. This sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    If you did a FULL RESET...why was deleting all apps needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    homebrew or app catalog apps or both?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'm going the WebOS Doctor route. Ever since 1.3.1 the doctor preserves your music and photos.
    Yeah, I didn't realize that. I was very happy when it finished, especially since I forgot to save my ringtones and wallpapers...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    If you did a FULL RESET...why was deleting all apps needed?
    Was not my intended route. I tried deleting all apps first and it did not work, I did the reset after and it did. I only mentioned it this way because I heard someone else say that just doing a full reset did not work. I would assume a full reset deletes all apps so I am not sure why it worked for me this way.
    my theory is that it migration tool gets screwed up if it sees homebrew and/or Preware. I think all of us homebrewers are gonna need to hard reset. I think after hard reset homebrew will be OK as they will all be instealled to the new app folder
    Is something messed up on my phone then? Choosing to run "Full Erase" does not get rid of my apps, homebrews or catalog, or my patches. It just wiped everything off my usb partition. Is it the case for everyone else that "Full Erase" really wipes everything??
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    I am trying to do a hard reset but now cannot even connect my pre to my 2 windows 7 laptops and a windows xp desktop. USB Device not recognized is the error is get every time and I cannot access the usb on pre (it goes straight to charging and I cannot access media sync or usp options). So no new apps from app catalog, no preware, and no access webos quick install, or usb drive. This sucks
    Your prob not in developer mode. I just connected my pre and used webos doctor worked fine with windows 7. My pre was recognized. Im currently waiting for the update to finish installing so i can see if the doctor fixed the app cataloge issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Your prob not in developer mode. I just connected my pre and used webos doctor worked fine with windows 7. My pre was recognized. Im currently waiting for the update to finish installing so i can see if the doctor fixed the app cataloge issue.
    No i do have the developer more enabled. Connecting the pre to my computer gives me a error "usb device not recognized." Since my computer does not recognize my pre, I cannot access webos quick install or anything else.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I don't have this problem... I tested with dl'ing the demo of paratroopers from the catalog and it worked fine.

I ran EPR before updating, deleted and reinstalled preware and the package manager, and installed a good dozen or so patches before trying to see if I'd have a problem with this.

I'm not gloating or trying to be a jerk, I just want to give this information to help isolate the problem. Good luck!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast