Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Same problem here as well. Deleted the themes and EPR'ed the Pre before the update. I had used the MVAPP to move many many files around and have moved them back hoping that would fix the issues but no go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with the app catalog. Finally I just held the power button and did a Restart. The phone then updated some more for about 2 minutes. Now everything works perfect. The app catalog is awesome now! You have to restart the phone manually. Don't use the restart button in the app catalog when it gives you the error.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    im having the same issue, could this be related to the MVAPP being on the phone during update?

I looked up info on how to prepare the MVAPP for the update by doing a search. I found some info. What I did was go into terminal and type in "mvapp backup" and ran a backup BEFORE installing the update. Then installed the update, and went back into terminal and typed "mvapp restorebk". All that went smoothly.

But just like everyone else I'm still running into this issue when installing apps through the APP Catalog. Could this be related to the MVAPP??
    Last edited by HockeyPre; 12/28/2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikepre View Post
    I had the same problem with the app catalog. Finally I just held the power button and did a Restart. The phone then updated some more for about 2 minutes. Now everything works perfect. The app catalog is awesome now! You have to restart the phone manually. Don't use the restart button in the app catalog when it gives you the error.
    Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue for me...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Downloading a new app just worked fine for me...
    Same problem here. Tried deleting Preware altogether, and that didn't help. My wife's pre works perfectly, though. She never installed Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevillain View Post
    Same problem here. Tried deleting Preware altogether, and that didn't help. My wife's pre works perfectly, though. She never installed Preware.
    This issue seems specific to the app catalog, not preware. I have done a full restart and hit the restart pop-up. Also deleted half of my apps and pictures. Nothing is resolving the issue. If anyone has any updates please advise!
    I am having the same problem and none of the suggestions worked for me.
    I tried this but didn't work for me ... Hope we find out answer soon..
    I've tried deleting all the apps that would not install and rebooting. Still doesn't seem to fix my issues of the actual installs of the apps.
    I am also receiving this error, I ran the Emergency Patch repair prior to installing 1.3.5 and also performed several soft resets. Backed up my Pre and am going to hard reset now.
  12.    #32  
    Yeah, I gave up and WebOSDoctor'd back to 1.3.1 and am installing the update again. Oh well, I had to fix my music collection anyway.

Noticed that most of the apps I had did not get restored, which is a first for me. I've got RadioTime, FliqNotes, and Paratrooper Mini (one of the apps I tried to download after the update which gave me the Restart Required error).
    Im having this error. I've tried everything dont know what it is. I did have preware on but no patches. I did have pre-corder though. Im going to the webosdoctor now. Im thinking flashing it to 1.3.whatever and then updating to 1.3.5 will fix whatever i did to my pre anyway. I will let you guys know in about an hour. lol.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ok, I thought it was just my manual restart that fixed my problem but I had also gone into WebOS Quick Install on my laptop w/ usb cable and uninstalled everything under Applications in device management including preware. I just left the generic "WebOS" applications. Maybe that fixed it. Like I said earlier, the phone updated for about 2 minutes with the progress ring around the icon. App catalog works great.
    I didn't have any trouble installing apps from the app catalog. I tried it with both wifi on and off. I have my pre patched so I am not sure what the issues some of you seem to be having.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    I am also receiving this error, I ran the Emergency Patch repair prior to installing 1.3.5 and also performed several soft resets. Backed up my Pre and am going to hard reset now.
    Hard Reset fixed the issue..
    Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by "Hard Reset" ?
  18. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i just did the manual reset and it flashed "updating the system" with the little spinning circle for a sec and went back to the "palm". still same though. trying a full turn off
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    Hard Reset fixed the issue..
    what steps did you take for the hard reset?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Same problem here. I have 5.9 GB of available memory and have done at least two manual restarts. I have mvapp but had only used it to move my email, not anything with apps. But before installing the update I removed a theme and unlinked my email (mvapp unlinkemail), was not running any patches. After the update email was very slow to come up (as in taking minutes to open a mailbox) but it seems to be quite snappy now. However, when trying to update apps I am getting the same message about needing to restart. I restart but then get a message that install failed. For what it's worth, I have not been able to update apps for awhile now, even before 1.3.5 I would just get the yellow triangle and the update would fail.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast