Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Slightly worried that the change in how the update is applied (deltas vs complete overwrites) is going to have "interesting" effects.

Anyone braved it yet? I need to wipe my phone anyway at some point, so I'll probably be the canary if no one else has.
    uhhmmmm last time i upgraded to 1.3.1 i left all my patches on there and it didnt seem to hurt. im gonna take my theme off via quick install though... idk ill test it later tonight when i get home. itll be around 930 pacific time...ill update later.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    My roommate never takes his patches off. His phone is always fine; but, I DO NOT SUGGEST KEEPING THEM ON! i always remove mine.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    kept all my patches no problems on update. however update deleted all my patches so i had to reinstall them also my update took along time like 6 boots. and 40 minutes
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I can confirm that as well-- didn't brick it, but so far, I don't see that any of the obvious ones survived. Guess it's time to finally get WebOS Install working under Win 7-64...
    ya i have like 25 patches, i just removed my theme...my WEBQI is workin on my win 7 you just gotta play with it and it works lol i tried a different USB port and got lucky lol uhmmmmm im gonna leave the patches and apps and homebrew on and see waht happens...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I didn't remove anything hope then again I was hoping I would brick my pre I could use a new one lol
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I can confirm that as well-- didn't brick it, but so far, I don't see
    i don't believe that's possible
    Hi Everybody!!!
    I'm in the process of doing so.

I had big plans for wiping all the patches and my one theme from my Pre today and running the install, only to forget that the download would autostart the moment I placed my Pre on the Touchstone.

So, it's now installing with my theme and patches intact. Great. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    I attempted to install the update without removing anything. My pre got stuck on the palm logo. I did a few things with web os quickinstall. It looked like all my patches and apps had been deleted. The phone is now attempting the install again but appears to be stuck at about 95%. I'll let you know how it turns out.

It was a stupid idea.
    My update went without a hitch, though of course all of my patches are gone and Preware is borked. In other words, no big surprises. FWIW, my Pre is a helluva lot faster now. Menus snap down and up, the calendar pages fly by, the browser no longer "checkerboards"... All in all, this update seems to do what they said it would do.

The above notwithstanding, man do I miss my patches (I'll stick 'em back on tonight).

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by bosabilene View Post
    I attempted to install the update without removing anything. My pre got stuck on the palm logo. I did a few things with web os quickinstall. It looked like all my patches and apps had been deleted. The phone is now attempting the install again but appears to be stuck at about 95%. I'll let you know how it turns out.

It was a stupid idea.
    I ran the webOSDoctor and everything if fine. I lost my photos, but that's about all I lost. Some of my apps were missing too. The webOSDoctor did not complete. I left when it was showing the phone charging graph. When I returned is said charging was complete but my phone was no longer connected. Then i restarted by phone by removing the batter and it was working with the new 1.3.5 upgrade. It has been working great since.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I can confirm that as well-- didn't brick it, but so far, I don't see that any of the obvious ones survived. Guess it's time to finally get WebOS Install working under Win 7-64...
    I just upgraded to win 7 64. I used these instructions and webOS QI is running fine now. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-method.html