1.    #1  
    my preware wont launch after the update to 1.3.5

get the following error.
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

never seen this after an update

did they block preware?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    They prolly changed some code Preware uses. Palm doesn't hate on the hacking community, but sometimes they'll break stuff. It's their system..

I'd be surprised if we wouldn't see a fix within 12 hours.
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined same here dam
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Try uninstalling the package manager and preware > reboot > reinstall. Seems to work for some..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Try uninstalling the package manager and preware > reboot > reinstall. Seems to work for some..
    Yep I can vouch for that. Worked just fine after that. Just fire up WOSQI
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This is not abnormal after an update. Be patient, I'm sure it will be fixed in a few days.
    I can confirm this works too. Thanks for the heads up.
    I could not figure out how to un-install Preware and Packageware. The check marks weren't there to uncheck. So, I simply installed both of them again and did a Luna reset. Works fine now.
    worked for me!
  10.    #10  
    got it working, thanks!

also didnt uninstall, just reinstalled them by downloading and installing. so you dont even have to uninstall if you dont want to. save the step
    my camera icon is gone I can't see it I only see the name and I can't move it around :/ some one help me has this happened to anyone else?
    up and running reinstalled
    My only issue now is I can't get a theme to install. It tells me it does, then on reboot the theme isn't there.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This worked for me as well. I do remember seeing an updated package in preware before yanking all my patches out in preparation for 1.3.5, perhaps that was the updated package manager service.
    Using WebOS quick install reinstall the package manager and it works fine. i have put in all the patches again with no issues
    If you don't have access to Webos-Quickinstall at the moment but have terminal installed like I did you can run this code I got from here:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...e-bootstrap.sh
    #Alternatively, you can use this tiny URL: http://bit.ly/dDEMO
    sh preware-bootstrap.sh

This updated my preware and I can access it now.
    I'm at work and did not have access to my webos-quickinstall!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Got Preware working perfectly after the update..... All of a sudden when I load Preware the app shows i have NO Installed Packages, when lastnight I had about 51 installed. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Got Preware working perfectly after the update..... All of a sudden when I load Preware the app shows i have NO Installed Packages, when last night I had about 51 installed. Any ideas?
    After updating last night, my preware wouldnt work at all...quickinstall wouldnt even recognize preware as being installed eventho it still showed on my phone. I removed everything with quickinstall, reinstalled package manager and preware and had the same issue descirbed above. After resetting the phone and then resetting Luna everything seems to be working fine.
    I got the new preware working after 1.3.5, my concern is are all the patches I installed before still lurking somewhere taking up space or did 1.3.5 delete all that stuff?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I got everything working, finally. I made a few mistakes, but these instructions should work:

(From WebOS 1.3.1)
    1.) Get the newest version of WebOSQuickInstall. It's version 2.96. I cannot stress this enough. Older versions will put stuff in the wrong place and generally just make a mess of things. You can get it from here: Nevermind, I can't post links because this will be my 10th post. *gripe* anyway, search the forum, or the Google for "webosquickinstall 2.96".

2.) Remove all your themes and patches. There are plenty of instructions in countless posts on how to do this. I didn't have any themes downloaded, and I used "Emergency Patch Recovery" to remove all my patches.

3.) Update to WebOS 1.3.5 OTA (over the air??)

4.) Lots of stuff is broken now. Don't fret. First, make sure Developer Mode is on (if it was on before the upgrade, it stays on, but check it anyway), then fire up WebOSQuickInstall. Use it to remove "Package Manager Service" and "Preware" (Tools -> Device Management -> *be patient* -> check boxes -> push 'uninstall'). Close the "device management" window.

5.) Download (blue arrow icon) and install "Package Manager Service". It's in "WebOS Internals feed (all)" in the top drop-down.

6.) Download and install Preware in the same fashion.

*.) If you can successfully install patches again, then you may not need to do the following, but I did, so...

7.) Again, using WebOSQuickInstall, uninstall "Diffstat" and "GNU Patch". (These are the programs that Preware uses to do the patching of files when you download and apply a patch.)

8.) Install "Diffstat" and "GNU Patch" using WebOSQuickInstall. They are under "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)" or "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pixi)" depending on your device. Please use the correct one.

9.) Reboot, fire up Preware, download patches. Celebrate your victory.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast