Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    doesnt the new update for the package manager service prevent you from having these kinds of issues?
    my preware is loaded, but still not showing any apps as being installed....
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    my preware is loaded, but still not showing any apps as being installed....
    I had this same problem this morning. So I tried updating the package manager - BAD IDEA b/c now preware wont load or my pc at work wont recognize the Pre. My cpu at home is where i have webos QI installed so im crossing my fingers that it'll read the pre so i can reinstall preware and package manager.
    i forgot to uninstall all my patches before i did the update, and preware was working, but i uninstalled and reinstalled and now its not working and i can't install any patches

now when i try to run preware it says that the package manager service is not running... did you remember to install it.. bla bla bla
    Last edited by imkool; 12/29/2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot something.
    sweet, i just installed the package manager service from preload and it works fine... now to see if i can get patches to work
    I'm having intermittent errors with Preware AND Quick Install. I can download Homebrew apps and I can install SOME patches, but not all patches. With some patches I get an "IPKG Log error" in both Preware and Quick Install.

Things I've tried:

Several reboots
    uninstall/reinstall Pkg Mgr Svc and QI
    uninstall/reinstall GNU Patch and Diffstat
    Update Feeds

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Try uninstalling the package manager and preware > reboot > reinstall. Seems to work for some..
    N00b question: I am having the same issue: How do I uninstall the package manager and my preware? Is it via the quick install?
    Quote Originally Posted by justcrash View Post
    N00b question: I am having the same issue: How do I uninstall the package manager and my preware? Is it via the quick install?
    Yes QI will do it. You can simply delete Preware directly from your phone (Orange + tap Preware). Use QI to delete Package mngr srvce.

After that, use QI to install Preware again (which will prompt you to install Package mngr service).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled Package manager service, but I did not uninstall Preware because Quick Install was not displaying it for me to uninstall (it did not give me the option to uninstall preware). Once I installed Package Manager service back into my pre, everything seemed to be working great but now the Patches will not install. It tells me "Error Installing: see IPKG Log"...Everything else installs perfectly except patches. I noticed that a lot of the service packages are no longer displaying on the Preware lists. I made sure all feeds are on.

I was thinking about deleting Preware from my phone by pressing holding "Orange" and then taping Preware app, and then trying to install Preware again through Quick Install but I'm not sure if that's a smart move....

Can someone help me out here??? Would GREATLY appreciate it!!!
    IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NOT SEEING CERTAIN APPS, AND OTHER THINGS ON THE PREWARE LIST THAT YOU WERE SEEING BEFORE 1.3.5 UPDATE...

Make sure you uninstall package manager service and preware using ***QuickInstall v 2.96.*** I was still using v 2.9 and QuickInstall was not showing what was installed on my Pre. I was unable to install any patches and I was unable to see any of the cool APPS that many were taking about...Once I upgraded to v 2.96 (You can find v 2.96 by typing Quick install 2.96 on the search field above) QuickInstall was showing everything that was on my Pre and I was able to uninstall Preware and Package Manager Service by clicking on "Tools, then device management, check off "package manager" service, and "Preware," click uninstall....Then you can reinstall using original methods...

Hope this helps...I'm able to use all the cool patched again!!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12