Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Any one know how to transfer music from WMP. I cant find it on my pre????
    ive been having multi issues with this since i took the update to 2.96 1st novacomand gives me a black screen that says "service removed" after i press the novacommand button. 2nd when i push the green arrow to browse apps nothing happens, it doesnt respond. 3rd it tells me to "connect my phone then push ok" ive tried reinstalling the program many times. someone please help me, i need quick install to get my preware back. please help
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Coolthxtrekker
    I am having trouble installing anything from preware and filecoaster now after the update. Every time I go to install something it now says "Error installing: see IPKG Log." Anyone know how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Where does one find the terminal app? I've looked in both Filecoaster and the App catalog and can't seem to locate it.
    You find the Terminal app in Preware.

fileCoaster cannot install advanced homebrew apps like Terminal.

http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    my preware is not working, does anyone have a url where i can download it via terminal and is there a url for the package manager as well?
    cd /tmp
    wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    sh preware-bootstrap

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You find the Terminal app in Preware.

fileCoaster cannot install advanced homebrew apps like Terminal.

http://install.preware.org/

-- Rod
    So I'm essentially SOL until I can hook my phone up to a computer that has QuickInstall on it, right?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I got my preware working by uninstalling and reinstalling after the 1.3.5 update but now when I go in to preware it says I have 37 patches applied but they are not really there. It has the option to remove but that fails every time. I have run EPR but that also fails as it says nothing is installed to remove. How do I either get those phantom patches removed or get them reinstalled? I really miss some of those patches.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...here's the fix. Use WebOS QI to uninstall Preware & package manager. Restart Luna. Re-install package manager & Preware via WebOS QI and restart Luna.

Preware is now back to normal.
    This seems to have worked, as I can now run Preware, but...

Strange thing - I still have a 4x4 array rather than the standard Pre menu, so some patches did not uninstall.

Thoughts???
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yeah I was geting my daughters Pre ready for the update and Preware would not work. Uninstalled reinstalled rebooted shut down prayed...no dice. I have since updated and installed patches via WebOS Quick install and Im using Pre load now. But I want to fix Preware. I have 4 Palm Pres in the family. (No Im not rich!) I can't understand how so many of us are having this issue. Again mine started BEFORE the update.
    Last edited by darkstarx; 01/03/2010 at 09:13 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234