Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I used web os quick install and just reinstalled package manager then preware.... not at same time in order..... then 2 restarts of preware fixed her right up im up to 25 patches installed on 1.3.5 most of them working
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    Do you need to go into developer mode to connect and do this?
    Yes, you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    my camera icon is gone I can't see it I only see the name and I can't move it around :/ some one help me has this happened to anyone else?
    My Screen & Lock icon disappeared! just shows a white box border
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dlovely; 12/28/2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: pic add
    Anyone else having a problem installing the "enable landscape email" patch, I keep getting an error message. Damn, really like that patch.

also, found the "Obsolete VKeyboard" patch, but can't find the updated patch.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 12/28/2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: adding a line
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Yes, I've had the same problem. It also looks like the "Calendar to Month View" patch has been usurped by Palm (my calendar now loads directly into Month view). Does the RocknRollHax work?
    my preware isn't recognizing what version of webos i'm using (I can tell uz all patches show up), and it also doesn't show any of my installed apps...how will I know when there are updates...lol any1 else have this problem? I did the WQI uninstall/reinstall both preware and pkg mgr...

*don't mind the bad english/shorthand...i'm on my pre
    HELP!!!!

I had to reinstall WebOS QI because we have a new computer after christmas. I installed it and it is saying that it cannot find the device! What can I do I am getting really P***ed off with this crap
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    If you are like me and 1) can't get to a computer and 2) have terminal app installed you can reinstall preware ota by typing in the following:

cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...e-bootstrap.sh
    #Alternatively, you can use this tiny URL: http://bit.ly/dDEMO
    sh preware-bootstrap.sh

It took me a couple of tries for some strange reason but once it kicked got preware up and running no problems.
    Thanks much will try that 2
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You can also update preware ota by using MVApp and running the command "mvapp upw" to force the update/reinstall of preware and the package service.
    This worked perfectly. Quick, simple, and effective. Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    My Screen & Lock icon disappeared! just shows a white box border
    restart ur phone man it worked for me
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the WebOS QI and it is still telling me it cannot find a device connected. What is going on someone please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    If you are like me and 1) can't get to a computer and 2) have terminal app installed you can reinstall preware ota by typing in the following:

cd /tmp
    wget http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...e-bootstrap.sh
    #Alternatively, you can use this tiny URL: http://bit.ly/dDEMO
    sh preware-bootstrap.sh

It took me a couple of tries for some strange reason but once it kicked got preware up and running no problems.
    I have tried this and it does not work for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    I used web os quick install and just reinstalled package manager then preware.... not at same time in order..... then 2 restarts of preware fixed her right up im up to 25 patches installed on 1.3.5 most of them working
    I added a luna restart between pacman and preware and started on first shot. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    my preware isn't recognizing what version of webos i'm using (I can tell uz all patches show up), and it also doesn't show any of my installed apps...how will I know when there are updates...lol any1 else have this problem? I did the WQI uninstall/reinstall both preware and pkg mgr...

*don't mind the bad english/shorthand...i'm on my pre
    I'm having this exact same problem! After I got the OnFeeds error, I tried to use WOSQI to remove and re-install Preware and the Package Manager Service. Problem was WOSQI didn't show anything installed on my device. I thought it might be incompatible with 1.3.5, so I updated Preware and PMS through the Terminal app.

Now Preware is only showing two packages installed (Preware and PMS). If I install an app that I already have, then it will show up in Preware. Very strange.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...here's the fix. Use WebOS QI to uninstall Preware & package manager. Restart Luna. Re-install package manager & Preware via WebOS QI and restart Luna.

Preware is now back to normal.

Nice, Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    I'm having this exact same problem! After I got the OnFeeds error, I tried to use WOSQI to remove and re-install Preware and the Package Manager Service. Problem was WOSQI didn't show anything installed on my device. I thought it might be incompatible with 1.3.5, so I updated Preware and PMS through the Terminal app.

Now Preware is only showing two packages installed (Preware and PMS). If I install an app that I already have, then it will show up in Preware. Very strange.
    I too had trouble with WQI..what I first did was uninstall preware, and reinstall it only. I left the pkg mgr alone. Preware wouldn't show on phone, even after a reboot. So I uninstalled it again, and the pkg mgr this time as well. Now I have the same issue you do. I just did the terminal app tip from above in this thread. Didn't fix it. Tho it did give me a newer version of preware than WQI. 0.9.13 versus 0.9.12...hope there is a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post

cd /tmp
    wget gitorious.org/webos-internals/bootstrap/blobs/raw/master/preware-bootstrap.sh
    #Alternatively, you can use this tiny URL: bit.ly/dDEMO
    sh preware-bootstrap.sh

This works, but not if you use the alternative link. The alternative link just puts a dDEMO file in /tmp. If you type in the big honkin' URL, it works. Thanks for the tip
    Error for me also trying to install the Landscape Email patch. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

For those who are getting the "Can't find device message", make sure you enable developer mode. I remembered after about 10 fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Ok...here's the fix. Use WebOS QI to uninstall Preware & package manager. Restart Luna. Re-install package manager & Preware via WebOS QI and restart Luna.

Preware is now back to normal.
    this one just worked for me too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast