Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hello all, I'm new to owning a Pre and have only used 1.3.1 so far. I have a couple patches I cannot live without, such as the call blocker (20+ collections calls a day), and the e-mail/pdf/messaging to landscape mods. Do I need to disable/remove these before attempting an update from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5?

Also, since 1.3.5 is only a small 13 MB update, should I expect the aforementioned patches to work correctly?

What about my Debian install?

Thanks for any advice!
    Last edited by Kujila; 01/08/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    (20+ collections calls a day

Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Hello all, I'm new to owning a Pre and have only used 1.3.1 so far. I have a couple patches I cannot live without, such as the call blocker (20+ collections calls a day), and the e-mail/pdf/messaging to landscape mods. Do I need to disable/remove these before attempting an update from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5?
    It is recommended that you remove all patches and themes before updating. You can run EPR immediately before or after the update to remove all patches. This will hopefully be the last webos update that requires this for patches, aupt should be released in the not too distant future.

Also, since 1.3.5 is only a small 13 MB update, should I expect the aforementioned patches to work correctly?
    No, it is small in size because they are now using binary deltas for updates. However, many patches are already updated for 1.3.5 and in the feeds. Any other patches that need porting usually are ported fairly quickly and you can contact the specific patch maintainer for questions.

twitter.com/webosinternals

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate