Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Any Idea when 1.3.5 will be out for GSM phones (Im on O2 UK)
    Whats the delay been like with previous updates?

Tom
    I am wondering about this too.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    O2 rep told me Jan. That was just before Christmas. He said initially they had been told it was mid to late Feb, but he'd just "heard" that roll out had been brought forward to mid-late Jan. Couldn't give a date though.

Once it hits Bell it will be closer to our turn.
    I've heard we may be about 2 weeks behind the usa update. Palm have to remove some of the useful stuff like opening up the app store for uk first. I think the uk app store will still only have about 10% of what is available in usa. And still no navigayion app a la sprint.
  5. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Shame we have to wait. I doubt the app store is afirmware change, just an app setting so can't see that being a reason. Maybe its load balancing and letting sprint users test it for us first?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    The whole palm experience with updates and the app catalogue has me ****ed off. only 7 months til my upgrade, im actually looking forward to it!
    I only want to know: Will Sprint's 1.3.5 give me the power of -working- manual APN settings?
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    I only want to know: Will Sprint's 1.3.5 give me the power of -working- manual APN settings?
    I'd like to know this as well.
    Waiting a bit is not a bad thing as little things like the Preware package installer can be fixed if needed
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    And again, we're left behind... Now I'm really ****ed off.
    It's not like they learn from previous mistakes. They just couldn't care less about the rest of the world. Is Palm privately owned by Bush Jr?
    Second class costumers as always...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Waiting a bit is not a bad thing as little things like the Preware package installer can be fixed if needed
    Considering the work that the WebOs Internals guys are doing right now, our update might just be a lot smoother.
  12. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    The whole palm experience with updates and the app catalogue has me ****ed off. only 7 months til my upgrade, im actually looking forward to it!
    Maybe its O2 that's causing the delay in approving it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Maybe there's some translation work involved as well?

Besides, if they wait a few days their support teams will have a lot easier time after the update.

That said: i'ld like to have the damn update as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Quite sure, that's the point!
    What can be heard from O2 sources is, they are going to release the update for all european markets at the same time and that should be in the second half of january.

But as webOS is - from an overall point of view - still in early stages of its life, this is not bad at all, because every firmware version brings such a lot new things with it, that it breaks a lot of the old stuff.

So we can wait to see how the american pres handle the update and go the more relaxed way when the update comes to us as well.

As long as it doesn't take more than 1-2 weeks, I'm ok with that.
    Everything above that should be improved to work faster next time...

Nevertheless I am impressed by Apple who gets a worldwide releasedate to work. But on the other hand, their improvements don't come all 4-6 weeks which means they have essentially more time to release the firmware.
    I have two webOS devices.

The first is a Sprint CDMA Pre. It doesn't work as a phone here. It's what I use to test stuff. It's now running 1.3.5

The second is a German GSM Pre. It's my main phone.

After what I've been through today, I'm glad that 1.3.5 for the GSM Pre did not come today, cause we're now ready for it after 11 hours straight of fixing stuff.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

The first is a Sprint CDMA Pre. It doesn't work as a phone here. It's what I use to test stuff. It's now running 1.3.5

After what I've been through today, I'm glad that 1.3.5 for the GSM Pre did not come today, cause we're now ready for it after 11 hours straight of fixing stuff.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod,

I would just like to say many thanks for all you help that people dont see in getting things to work flawlessly :-) Top man !

thanks

Steve
    02 probably will get the update out to us as quickly as they can. On previous phones, the uk updates are always some time after the US ones.
    Any update probably has to be checked by some little uk government office to see if they can add any more tax on it before it can be approved (eg Ms windows prices).
    Rant over.

Has anyone else seen the o2 page for the pre that has a section labelled 'great apps'. You open it and it basically says 'coming soon etc etc'.

Hopefully they are waiting to release their own version of sprint navigation. I somewhat doubt it. This is great britain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    F*** man, this phone would't be usable in EU without WebOS internals efforts and Preware. I'll donate now It's more then an obligation. We are in due to all of you.

EDIT: 5 USD donated. It's just the first of many (I hope).
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 12/29/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Agree totally!

Now what do we do about apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    F*** man, this phone would't be usable in EU without WebOS internals efforts and Preware. I'll donate now It's more then an obligation. We are in due to all of you.

EDIT: 5 USD donated. It's just the first of many (I hope).
    i have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by screamindemonuk View Post
    02 probably will get the update out to us as quickly as they can. On previous phones, the uk updates are always some time after the US ones.
    Any update probably has to be checked by some little uk government office to see if they can add any more tax on it before it can be approved (eg Ms windows prices).
    Rant over.

Has anyone else seen the o2 page for the pre that has a section labelled 'great apps'. You open it and it basically says 'coming soon etc etc'.

Hopefully they are waiting to release their own version of sprint navigation. I somewhat doubt it. This is great britain.
    yeah i've seen that page on the o2 wap page, but there is still nothing, if there is going to be something its going to be by feb or something, if not then nothing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast