1.    #1  
    I think yours is the first 1.3.5 "that sucks" post. And it's about the size of the update, not what it can/will do.

Congrats on two fronts, being the first, and posting the least worthwhile bit of info!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    read your post.....its only one smiley....that sucks....
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think yours is the first 1.3.5 "that sucks" post.
    Oh, I'm sure there will be more...
    And the previous 1.3.1 or whatever update was 130 something meg, who is to say that this update doesn't enable some of the things that were installed with that update. I wouldn't judge an update by its size.
    Hopefully it improves the sucky speed performance and at least gives me a way to record voice!
    That didn't take long. lol
    Palm is now using binary deltas for webOS updates - that's why the webOS 1.3.5 update is only 13MB - you will see a new unpacking step
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Critisize without downloading...... Now that is dumb!!!!!!
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    makes sense!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    A critique of an update based solely on the size, not the updates functionality. Wow.
    Palm is now using binary deltas for webOS updates - that's why the webOS 1.3.5 update is only 13MB - you will see a new unpacking step.
    From webosinternals twitter page

So I guess that means instead of replacing all the files as a whole, it just makes the necessary line by line changes, to keep the file sizes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertfishbone View Post
    From webosinternals twitter page

So I guess that means instead of replacing all the files as a whole, it just makes the necessary line by line changes, to keep the file sizes down.
    Exactly. It's crazy that they didn't do that before, honestly.
    It may not be big but it fixes the Oreo effect.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I was downloading this update and is say 13mb, it failed and now says its about 135mb. Anyone else getting this?
    sorry mine was 135 megs i think...
    This update was released so Palm can claim at CES that they have sent a significant amount of updates out to users since launch. (Wow.. even one within the last 30 days) Blah, Blah,Blah - This just another garbage fluff update IMO. Again.. IMO
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Most likely had a patch you forgot to uninstall and the check failed so it's downloading the whole OS back to fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    this was actually on a newly refurb pre