1.    #1  
    This is really annoying.

If I use say, the universal search to look up my friend Scott, it will list the numbers in this order...

xxx-xxx-3525
    xxx-xxx-3528

However, if I go to the phone app and search for him, it will list the numbers in this order...

xxx-xxx-3528
    xxx-xxx-3525

This often results in my dialing the wrong number for not just him, but several other people. This is very annoying.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Kooldino; 02/01/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    No idea how to fix it, but if you find one, please let me know. I wish there was a way to automatically dial a certain number, and not have to scroll through (potentially) a lot of numbers, but I'd be ok if I could at least put the most oft called number at the top.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    No idea how to fix it, but if you find one, please let me know. I wish there was a way to automatically dial a certain number, and not have to scroll through (potentially) a lot of numbers, but I'd be ok if I could at least put the most oft called number at the top.
    Or at minimum didn't switch the order on me. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    This is really annoying.

If I use say, the universal search to look up my friend Scott, it will list the numbers in this order...

xxx-xxx-3525
    xxx-xxx-3528

However, if I go to the phone app and search for him, it will list the numbers in this order...

xxx-xxx-3525
    xxx-xxx-3528

This often results in my dialing the wrong number for not just him, but several other people. This is very annoying.

Anyone else?
    I am assuming you meant to reverse the order the 2nd time, right?
    bringing this back up since it's been bugging me as I use universal search more and more. I have the same thing happening to me as the OP. Basically, the order in your contacts is respected by the phone app, but not universal search.

It gets even worse when you have say, a google contact and exchange contact for the same person. I can't figure out how to fix the ordering so fax isn't listed first. But that's a minor thing. the swapped numbers is my main issue now
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I am assuming you meant to reverse the order the 2nd time, right?
    Yes, sorry, edited.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    bringing this back up since it's been bugging me as I use universal search more and more. I have the same thing happening to me as the OP. Basically, the order in your contacts is respected by the phone app, but not universal search.

It gets even worse when you have say, a google contact and exchange contact for the same person. I can't figure out how to fix the ordering so fax isn't listed first. But that's a minor thing. the swapped numbers is my main issue now
    If it's a minor thing, then it should be a simple fix for palm.