1.    #1  
    With the Palm Pre, is there any way to add "tones" when entering the phone number for a contact.

I have many numbers I call for my work where I am prompted to input my employee number followed by my password. My password is quite convoluted with numbers, characters, letters (some upper and some lower case). Entering them manually would be a huge pain in the ****. My current phone (not nearly as cool as the Palm Pre) can do this easily. In fact, every phone I've ever had could do this. It was a standard feature.

Before I purchase the Palm Pre, it MUST have this feature. It's a deal breaker for me. I have been reading through the user manual and it does not appear to have this feature. Can anybody verify that for me?

Thanks!
    You can assign ringtones to each contact is that what you are asking?????
    You click on EDIT for the contact and go to ringtone and set it...if that is what you are asking...otherwise I'm lost at what you want.....

Oh wait I know what you are asking now and I don't know....
    No he wants to have the phone dial extra digits after connecting the call, for example an ext #, i have not found a way to do this, my old motorola phone would do this and its a cool feature if you call someone at work who has an ext # to press after the call connects
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    vbokius, it too me a while but I figured out what was being asked. I've never had to do that so I've never tried on any phone I had....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm betting someone has a patch for it. LOL
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    If what you're asking for is additional digits, and not an assigned ringtone, yes, you can add those to the required 11 digits. For example I have a conference center programmed in with the call in number, meeting number, etc. Using the 't', symbol for a timed pause I can time the entry past any recorded message. For example:12222222222ttt345678t#tttt# gets me in to my conference call. It'll take some trial and error, but it will work for you.

I'm not sure how you'd enter your password via a phone keyboard, but if you can do it from any touch tone phone, you can do it from the Pre.
    Last edited by TOstler; 12/28/2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: answering additional question.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    very cool didn't know the phone would do it.....Thanx
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    If what you're asking for is additional digits, and not an assigned ringtone, yes, you can add those to the required 11 digits. For example I have a conference center programmed in with the call in number, meeting number, etc. Using the 't', symbol for a timed pause I can time the entry past any recorded message. For example:12222222222ttt345678t#tttt# gets me in to my conference call. It'll take some trial and error, but it will work for you.

I'm not sure how you'd enter your password via a phone keyboard, but if you can do it from any touch tone phone, you can do it from the Pre.
    Adding the 't" as a timed pause ... is that documented? How did you know that?

Also, you say "required 11 digits". I didn't think cell phones needed a leading 1.

In other words: 314-555-5050 works the same as 1-314-555-5050. Isn't that true?
    Seems that on the Treo, I put in a , to give it a pause. I'll give this a shot some time when I've got time to kill.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Yep, it's documented in the Tips and Tricks PDF (look for it here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ps-tricks.html) It does not seem to be documented in Sprint manual.

You are right about the 11 digit dialing thing, it's habit for me to call it that even though I drop the "1" when I use my Pre.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.