1.    #1  
    well i had ran the update to see if the 1.3.5 update came out. and instead i got this. i have never seen this before so i dont know if it is new or anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesolivarez View Post
    well i had ran the update to see if the 1.3.5 update came out. and instead i got this. i have never seen this before so i dont know if it is new or anything.
    That just means that there's an update for the Tetris demo you downloaded. The Update program not only checks for WebOS updates, it also checks for updates of your programs.
    Is there a way to delete these? I have one for mCraig when it first came out as a beta/freeware. Now it's $1.99, and I don't use it anymore, but the phone keeps saying it's a update for me. I sideswiped the update and hit delete, but it keeps coming back every time I check for any updates.
    u should be able to update it for free.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    it just directs me to the Catalog page to purchase the app.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    u should be able to update it for free.
    Nope it's a paid app now and you cannot update for free it will always error out. I just ended up deleting the app entirely...
    I have the same issue. Had the homebrew mCraig app installed, decided I didn't like it. I've WebOS DR'd and went back to basics, but must be something in my palm profile that says I had it at one point. I just want it gone, how the heck do I get rid of it?
    internalz
    [side note:] requires - FileMgr Service

navigate to

/var/usr/palm/applications

and delete the folder of the app (if u take a look inside the folder youll see no files just folders)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    internalz
    [side note:] requires - FileMgr Service

navigate to

/var/usr/palm/applications

and delete the folder of the app (if u take a look inside the folder youll see no files just folders)
    The mCraig app doesn't have a folder there. Palm told me to WebOS DR my phone, but that didn't do the trick either.
    I just posted this exact same problem somewhere else. I can't get the damn things to stop showing up under updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I just posted this exact same problem somewhere else. I can't get the damn things to stop showing up under updates.
    On the phone with palm, will update when they give me an answer.

I suspect there is a flag in the palm profile some where.
    I have the same issue with the Sudoku game. Always comes up for an update but I don't have the damn thing installed.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Bump for any answers? I tried deleting and mCraig no longer shows installed yet it keeps giving me a download error, and the icon is in my launcher with the warning sign over it. I can't even purchase if I wanted to, won't let me in the app catalog.
    I'm not getting anything about it after the new update.. but now it says I have updates when I don't.. who knows.
    Palm's support answer to me was do full erase then DR it. Didn't work. Now with 1.3.5 it constantly says I have app updates, when I don't.
    I opened a request with the company that made mCraig, SplashData. Hopefully they will know how to solve this since Palm doesn't appear to have a clue.

This would all not be an issue if Palm gave us an interface to see our backups and/or Palm Profile information. How nice would it be to be able to look at our backups via a web interface and say "remove this, remove that, export this, restore this part"
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    I opened a request with the company that made mCraig, SplashData. Hopefully they will know how to solve this since Palm doesn't appear to have a clue.

This would all not be an issue if Palm gave us an interface to see our backups and/or Palm Profile information. How nice would it be to be able to look at our backups via a web interface and say "remove this, remove that, export this, restore this part"
    I agree
    So I emailed back and forth with Splash Data, the creator of mCraig, and here is what they have to say:

Thanks for contacting us. I'm not sure what homebrew or preware are in relation to webOS, but we only distribute our software through the Palm App Catalog. If you found it anywhere else, that is illegal distribution and of course unsupported.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

-Justin
    SplashData

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: 13253
    Department: Palm/WebOS
    Priority: Low