1.    #1  
    Need some assistance....

My Pre mail icon has vanished....any ideas how to get it back?

Thanks

B
    Quote Originally Posted by ByronJames View Post
    Need some assistance....

Thanks

B
    I am guessing you accidentally moved it. Have you checked the other pages of the launcher yet?
    What do you mean by vanished?

Are there only four icons now at the bottom? (Quick launch)

You might have dragged it onto the launcher by mistake, look in your launcher pages, its definitely there somewhere.
  4.    #4  
    I should have specified what I did try....

I did look EVERYWHERE for the icon....and it was on the quicklaunch area.

I can't imagine how it disappeared. It is literally not on any of my pages/tabs.

I figure there must be a way to reinstall it.

Byron
    Type "email" while not in a program (universal search). If the icon shows up, then it's not gone, just moved to another screen somewhere. Find the screen, press and hold the icon, then drag it back to the quick launch bar.
  6.    #6  
    Good thinking HP....that worked...
    ....typing email did find the icon/app....however dragging it from the "find" box to the launcher or anywhere....is apparently not allowed.

B
    Good thinking HP....that worked...
    ....typing email did find the icon/app....however dragging it from the "find" box to the launcher or anywhere....is apparently not allowed.

B
    No, you won't be able to drag it from the "find" box, but at least it tells you that it's still there.

Now, flip through your pages and find it. It's on one of them somewhere.

At the risk of sounding like I'm covering "basics", if you haven't modified your phone, you have three pages of apps. To switch between them, press the app launcer button (the UP button on the quick launcher), and swipe on the screen left or right to switch between pages. Don't forget that the page may be full, and the app "off screen". You can swipe up and down to scroll on a full page.
    Need some assistance....

Thanks

B
    either dr it or install the default theme ipkg its in the help section over at prethemer
  9.    #9  
    No offense taken in your going over the basics....but I did check all my pages....it's not there. Very odd...it has to be somewhere.

I may try what 063 xobx suggests, but I really want to figure out where it went and put it back.

You guys are great...quick and knowledgeable

Big Thanks
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    No offense taken in your going over the basics....but I did check all my pages....it's not there. Very odd...it has to be somewhere.

I may try what 063 xobx suggests, but I really want to figure out where it went and put it back.

You guys are great...quick and knowledgeable

Big Thanks
    Do you have any patches on your phone? Could one of them be interfering? Like the multiple launcher pages patch?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I did something simalar a while back cannot remeber what icon. I got it back by restarting the phone.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    It was the calendar. Here is the link.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ndar-icon.html
  13.    #13  
    I do use the multiple page launcher....I just REMOVED it....and the mail icon returned to the launcher tray.

What the heck?

I've had the MPL installed for a few months....

Hmmm even after uninstalling it. I still have multiple pages AND my mail icon back on the launcher tray....a win win.

Thanks ...HA...just noticed your name. That's how your pronounce (but obviously not spell) mine.

Byron
  14.    #14  
    I did do a restart...after removing the multiple page launcher, so the restart may have "fixed" it too.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I do use the multiple page launcher....I just REMOVED it....and the mail icon returned to the launcher tray.

What the heck?

I've had the MPL installed for a few months....

Hmmm even after uninstalling it. I still have multiple pages AND my mail icon back on the launcher tray....a win win.

Thanks ...HA...just noticed your name. That's how your pronounce (but obviously not spell) mine.

Byron
    Yeah, mine's Byron too, but with an "a" Byran. Which is how mine's pronounced too.

Glad the problem worked itself out.
    I did do a restart...after removing the multiple page launcher, so the restart may have "fixed" it too.
    I had something similar to having two icons as well when tinkering around with the hide quick launch bar patch. A restart fixed this issue for me as well.