1.    #1  
    Fail Palm.
    There's a patch for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Fail Palm.
    You must mean fail Sprint. The emulator has had the call log on every version of webOS. Sprint is the one that chose to remove it. Luckily, there is a patch to enable it.
    Urgh, quit with all the concurrent threads why dont ya'.

And FYI, theres a patch for that, troll...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    There's a patch for that.
    Shouldn't need a "patch", and if there is a "patch" why isnt Palm smart enough to include it an an update?

Fail Palm.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    You must mean fail Sprint. The emulator has had the call log on every version of webOS. Sprint is the one that chose to remove it. Luckily, there is a patch to enable it.
    Why would Sprint remove it?
    Why would Sprint remove it?
    Because they don't want to get phone calls from people complaining about their bill. That is my obvious conclusion. It is definitely disabled by Sprint though and not Palm.
  8.    #8  
    Because they don't want to get phone calls from people complaining about their bill. That is my obvious conclusion. It is definitely disabled by Sprint though and not Palm.
    Um than why not do this with all thier phones? Is this the only phone that doesnt do this?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Well irregardless I have to agree we shouldn't have to "patch" anything.
    Shouldn't need a "patch", and if there is a "patch" why isnt Palm smart enough to include it an an update?

Fail Palm.
    I don't think you understand. Palm sells to Sprint. Sprint sells to us. Sprint disables the call length info in the call log because they don't want OCD-crazed people calling their help desk complaining about minor discrepancies between what the phone records as used minutes versus what Sprint's website has listed as used minutes.

They've done this on every smartphone I've ever used with them. It's nothing new and it's not Palm's fault. Palm includes the functionality in the OS and the carrier has the contractual right to disable it.

If you must have it, apply the patch. Palm can't legally include it in an update because of their agreement with Sprint.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Um than why not do this with all thier phones? Is this the only phone that doesnt do this?
    Good question. It sounds like you need to email Dan Hesse and find out. The answer to what decisions a large corporation like Sprint makes will not be found on these forums. Also, this is not the only phone that does this. The Palm Pixi also does this. Ha!

But seriously, I am sure there are other phones that Sprint offers that do not meet your needs. If it were me, I would not buy a phone that does not meet my needs. Just my personal choice though.
    Dude. You're annoying with all of these threads.

Either patch it, or get an iPhone (or Droid, etc.). Shut up already. No one cares. We've all learned to deal with the cons of this phone. Every phone has it's cons. If you want the perfect phone, start designing it yourself.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    That is correct.

Fail Palm.
    You're right, it shouldn't. But it's Sprint, so it's "Fail Sprint".

Once again, absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Dude. You're annoying with all of these threads.

Either patch it, or get an iPhone (or Droid, etc.). Shut up already. No one cares. We've all learned to deal with the cons of this phone. Every phone has it's cons. If you want the perfect phone, start designing it yourself.
    I respectfully disagree. Maybe I stand out from the crowd, but I haven't learned "to deal" with the cons of the phone. Simple functions are expected. As a matter of fact, the same companies that recently came together to adopt micro USB as the phone charging standard, should come together and figure out what is minimally accepted for all phones to have. Call logging should be one of them, regardless of what Sprint wants.

And although no phone is perfect, it's become perfectly apparent that the Pre did not meet the hype that Palm itself generated. It's simple really: No hype = no expectations.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Use another forum to complain. Be helpful or useful on this one -Take your *itching to Palm & Sprint!!!!!!
    He has a point, you may not like how it's said but it's true, my POS mogul had a waaay better phone application that it's embarrassing. If Palm wanted to they could have fixed it in 1.3.1 but they didn't. And that's why its a fail.
    If you all are so unhappy, why don't you just do us the favor and leave webOS and Sprint for that matter. I'm so tired of hearing this garbage..
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    If you all are so unhappy, why don't you just do us the favor and leave webOS and Sprint for that matter. I'm so tired of hearing this garbage..
    Some people want a call timer log AND WebOs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Some people want a call timer log AND WebOs.
    If so, they can use the patch. If they don't want to patch, they can wait for WebOs to be on a different carrier, because, as discussed herein, Sprint removed it from their version. Again, blame Sprint, not Palm, for this one.
    Asked and Answered.
    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.