Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    Fail palm
  2. #2  
    Yes, the future of palm is doomed due to the lack of a timestamp for an SMS days after it was received in the OS.

    /Del Troll.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Yes, the future of palm is doomed due to the lack of a timestamp for an sms message days after it was received in the OS.

    /Del Troll.
    Why does this not have it? Honestly, is there even another phone on the market that doesnt have a time stamp forr SMS after a couple days?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why is there NO timestamp on SMS after a few days?
    Because it's a SMS text. If the communication was so important it would have taken place in a much more formal manner that offers a multitude of tracking and management features (e-mail).
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why does this not have it? Honestly, is there even another phone on the market that doesnt have a time stamp forr SMS after a couple days?
    Urmmm...I've owned a Pre since launch day, and not once have i needed to check what time an sms was sent days after it was received, so that says something.

    That its obviously not that important of a feature (If you'd call it that), and besides, it looks rather clean and simple calling it 'Yesterday'/'Last Week'.

    And as always, you're on the wrong site, go here
  6. #6  
    My timestamps are on all my messages. Have you applied one of the messaging timestap patches? That might solve your problem.
  7. #7  
    Dude. You're annoying with all of these threads.

    Either patch it, or get an iPhone (or Droid, etc.). Shut up already. No one cares. We've all learned to deal with the cons of this phone. Every phone has it's cons. If you want the perfect phone, start designing it yourself.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  8. #8  
    hahaa I suggest you get preware!! Everything you complainin about sounds ridiculous becuz everybody here has or knows about the patches and has these features on their pre/pixie...palm is not failing...webos is the ****...and its open to run almost anything we want. Like time stamps...now go get a clue youngest man of precentral
  9. #9  
    This is a rather american way of viewing SMS...


    ...here in Europe normally you do most of your days private mobile communication through SMS/MMS, not via email.
    And that's even more the case if it goes further to the asian region...china especially.

    For these regions it is _essential_ to have all information relating to SMS.

    This includes time stamps and sms reception information, which I actually don't see on webOS/homebrew...this definitely still has to come!

    Once more because webOS just has to display this "received"-notification, which it automatically gets from the network for every SMS that has been sent. Just show it to us!


    p.s.: if I oversaw a patch showing when the sms was received, just give me the link...would appreciate it!

    p.p.s.: don't blame ppl because they would like to have more funtionality in webOS by telling them to take an iPhone...it should work the way that Palm brings the funtionality and ppl staying with webOS not going to the iPhone...ts...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    My timestamps are on all my messages. Have you applied one of the messaging timestap patches? That might solve your problem.
    Why should I have to apply a patch? If random nobodies can make a patch for it why is Palm not smart enough to include this in an update?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    This is a rather american way of viewing SMS...


    ...here in Europe normally you do most of your days private mobile communication through SMS/MMS, not via email.
    And that's even more the case if it goes further to the asian region...china especially.

    For these regions it is _essential_ to have all information relating to SMS.

    This includes time stamps and sms reception information, which I actually don't see on webOS/homebrew...this definitely still has to come!

    Once more because webOS just has to display this "received"-notification, which it automatically gets from the network for every SMS that has been sent. Just show it to us!


    p.s.: if I oversaw a patch showing when the sms was received, just give me the link...would appreciate it!

    p.p.s.: don't blame ppl because they would like to have more funtionality in webOS by telling them to take an iPhone...it should work the way that Palm brings the funtionality and ppl staying with webOS not going to the iPhone...ts...

    +1 for your p.p.s.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post

    p.p.s.: don't blame ppl because they would like to have more funtionality in webOS by telling them to take an iPhone...it should work the way that Palm brings the funtionality and ppl staying with webOS not going to the iPhone...ts...
    Ok we get your point, but at least go through the appropriate channels instead of whinging.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why should I have to apply a patch? If random nobodies can make a patch for it why is Palm not smart enough to include this in an update?
    Anyone?????
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Anyone?????
    Because SPRINT SAID SO, if you want to cry, do it to them.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post

    p.s.: if I oversaw a patch showing when the sms was received, just give me the link...would appreciate it!
    Here is a link to the messaging patches, including a couple for time stamps. I don't use these, so I can't vouch for how well they work. http://forums.precentral.net/2102113-post6.html
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Ok we get your point, but at least go through the appropriate channels instead of whinging.
    I did 2 weeks ago (even before having the Pre...)


    And...hey that's a discussion forum here.

    Look, it doesn't affect you negatively if the feature gets built in the phone as you won't use it.
    But it affects US positively if it actually would work!


    So: neutral for you, win for us - this just shouldn't care you...

    Maybe better YOU stop "whinging" about our feature-request. Just tell us your opinion one time and friendly just as we do it at your threads and then stay quiet and everybody is ok.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why should I have to apply a patch? If random nobodies can make a patch for it why is Palm not smart enough to include this in an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Anyone?????
    Well maybe because it has not been implemented ideally by one of the developers. I am not trying to knock anything that any of the developers have done but maybe Palm has a better and cleaner way of implementing the same thing but it takes more time. The developers have only been looking at the code for 6 months or so and Palm has been looking at it for 1 year on top of that. It's not the fact that Palm isn't smart enough, it's probably more that there are multiple ways to skin a cat and Palm is looking for the best way so people like you don't complain ad naseum about the OS.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I did 2 weeks ago (even before having the Pre...)


    And...hey that's a discussion forum here.

    Look, it doesn't affect you negatively if the feature gets built in the phone as you won't use it.
    But it affects US positively if it actually would work!


    So: neutral for you, win for us - this just shouldn't care you...

    Maybe better YOU stop "whinging" about our feature-request. Just tell us your opinion one time and friendly just as we do it at your threads and then stay quiet and everybody is ok.
    +1
  19. #19  
    If every message was time and date stamped there would be twice as much info on the screen all the time. I would find this completely annoying, not to mention unnecessary.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    If every message was time and date stamped there would be twice as much info on the screen all the time. I would find this completely annoying, not to mention unnecessary.
    Shouldn't be a problem to get both users-wishes to work. Could be solved by giving an option in the messaging preferences to show/not show the information.


    Not having this feature is a mid-big show-stopper in Europe but a major show-stopper in asian markets.
    People here divorce via SMS (I don't whink that's cool but hey they actually do!), close contracts via SMS-computers, sent business-invitations, etc. so the timestamp information is really essential.
    E.g. I'm sending 10-20 SMS/MMS messages per day and receiving the same amount. And I am on the low-end of european SMS usage...lot of people sent about 1000 SMS per month or more.


    I think that's because SMS/MMS cost 0.00 EUR for lots of people in Europe, to a maximum of 0.19 EUR (with pre-paid phones without contract). So it's really cheap to SMS/MMS!


    As I said...I think americans don't use SMS that much...here in Europe we don't use email that much (in the private communication sector).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions