1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I've had Preware installed for a while now and it got rid of the app install issue but over the last week or so, its giving me app install issues. What gives?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Preware --> Preferences --> if PARTIAL APP LIMIT FIX says "NO" then there's your problem.

If not, post more details.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    That's been on yes since I installed Preware. Any specific details I should be sharing that might be telling of the issue?
    There's two different app limits. There's the first, smaller app limit, which Preware fixes. Then there's the second app limit, which is the size of the /var partition, at 256 MB. If you have a lot of apps installed, you're hitting the second limit.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Or, you can start preparing for the new WebOS update which is supposed to address the issue on Palms side. The smart money says it will be out in less than 10 days.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's two different app limits. There's the first, smaller app limit, which Preware fixes. Then there's the second app limit, which is the size of the /var partition, at 256 MB. If you have a lot of apps installed, you're hitting the second limit.

Hmm...I deleted something and tried DLing something to take its place. It downloaded but it said "install failed".
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Do you have to turn off the app limit fix in Preware before installing 1.3.5??
    Also, before installing 1.3.5, should you uninstall apps until you are under the original app limit before the Preware fix?

In my non expert opinion it seems applying an official app limit fix to a Pre that has already exceeded the app limit through unofficial means would wreak havoc on the phone.
    There is a 64MB Limit, which Preware helps you surpass, and a second inherent ~100MB Limit which you have now hit.