1.    #1  
    What profits they'd be enjoying at this moment.... Think of it... a smartphone company with a branch which offers an e-reader... palm's kindle.

Originally, years ago before the kindle was even a sparkle in amazon's eye, palm os software library included the downloadable app palm e-reader, which probably sparked amazon to conceive of their winning device.

Palm could have developed their own kindle device alongside the treo/ centro line instead of wasting resources on foleo development. It would have been an absolute hit.

Wow. All the things that could have been had palm followed their original passions in innovating and staying a few steps ahead of the current trends.

What if.....
    I can't help but wonder if the rumored Apple tablet will cut into e-reader sales as a whole. Granted, it will be much more expensive, but I'm willing to bet Apple has some sort of reader capability in the works. Seems like a no brainer with iTunes integration.
    I dont think it would be smart for palm to focus on ebook readers. They should take care of their cellular products first.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    I dont think it would be smart for palm to focus on ebook readers. They should take care of their cellular products first.

Well, they did that in the past and fell far behind and are still playing catchup.

If they had pursued a kindle device line, their brand may have been much more recognizable than it is today.

Palm could have appealed to those who were technologically reluctant individuals by presenting them with the kindle.

Over time, familiarity with the palm kindle would have piqued an interest in their smartphone line if they had a positive experience with the kindle.

They really could have done it.
    And besides, a reading device would not have been a great distraction from their smartphone lines as it is much less complicated and focuses solely on reading materials.