1.    #1  
    just recently I've noticed the automatic backup isnlt backing up daily anymore.. As of tod (12/27/09) my last time I backed up was 12/14/09... I mean isn't is suppose to backup every day... Is there something wrong with my phone or is it palms server problems... Any ideas? Thanks...
    go into backup, disable. (I prefer a restart) then go back in and re-enable. Should fix it
    Palm prē-ist.
    That fixed it for me for two days, then it stopped again. So I have done it again...we'll see what happens. Wonder if one of my gazillion patches is interfering somehow?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Hey Palmac06,

I recently posted on 26th about my recent data loss debacle. Don't assume doing a partial reset will resolve the problem. I spoke with two techs and was left without a resolution. Apparently there is some issue with contacts being lost or not being backed up by Palm's servers. This is a serious issue! I went to Sprint today to have contacts in my old Samsung Instinct transferred again to my Pre. Afterward, I still noticed that all my contacts were still not on my Pre. The Sprint rep said that when they do the transfer, the contacts are uploaded to Palm's server and then back down to device. That never happened. I also forgot to mention that the Sprint rep gave me a piece of paper highlighting the recent problem with existing Pre owners reporting the problem. It had a number to contact Palm tech support. The person I spoke with this afternoon had to escalate my call to tier 3 support - who have to yet to contact me.

And my Pre has no hacks or homebrew apps - version 1.3.1
    I've been manually backing it up when I think of it and hoping the next update fixed this, and all the other problems since 1.3.1. After I do that, I cotton swab my ear piece and headset to prevent my war piece from going out, then I plug the phone in to recharge the battery that is draining at an astounding rate, then I manually sync my calendars because there seems to be an issue there too, all while I watch the crack at my USB port slowly grow on my screen. Oh, I am able to text, talk and surf, though. Will this next update take away my oreo wiggle?????
    A software update wont take care of a hardware problem like the oreo wiggle. Hopefully they have the server problem taken care of by time the next update is ready though, that would be nice.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  7.    #7  
    Yeah Ill go ahead and give that a try, Palm lately has been wacky. I hope they straighten themselves together and get problems solved fast and quick. Or their future is in the grave yard...
    I would suggest taking the time to set up a Gmail account and backup your contacts and calendar entries to the Google servers. You can still use the Palm backup, but you have a fallback if your Google account is synced too.
    Has anyone tried to back things up with SyncToy? But honestly, i just want Microsoft MyPhone to work with WebOS, since thats what I already use.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I would suggest taking the time to set up a Gmail account and backup your contacts and calendar entries to the Google servers. You can still use the Palm backup, but you have a fallback if your Google account is synced too.
    +1 +1 +1

I used to use Palm profile as my default profile. And then lost 400 numbers.

I now use facebook and google and will never lose my contacts again. Change your default profile if you have google.

Palm's backup feature SUCKS.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Not only does my Pre not backup automatically, now it won't even backup manually. This is the first time I tried to run the manual backup since I updated to 1.3.5. Anyone else having a problem? It just says "Preparing" but never goes past that.
    Last edited by rweiss; 12/30/2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added info
    Since updating to 1.3.5 my Pre seems to be back to doing the daily backups on it's own (well it's done it once anyway).
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yes, I was having the same problem. Turn off backup, shutdown, restart, turn on backup, and do a manually update. That fixed it for me. I will keep an eye on it the next few days.

Thank me if this worked!