Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've got the Palm pre 3 day...
    and I've already installed Preware and some patches with WebOS Quick Install.

This morning my per show me that the battery is low so i plug it to the DC charger and it's start to show me allover the scree a big battery with a lightning inside it that most of it is empty.
    after 30-45 min the pre start it's self and show me 1% battery and after couple of min come back to the big battery sign.it's been 2 hours that the pre plug to the charger.

I've tried to pull out the battery and get it back in and start the pre again and nothing.
    when I connect the Pre to the PC, I get on the PC "USB device not recognized" and on the pre the same battery sign.

before all that...the Pre somehow show me phone offline mode.I dont know why. maybe it can help

there is a way to full reboot/format the Pre with the keyboard or something.
    and not the Orange+Sym+R...

thanks.
    Last edited by Yanes; 12/27/2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    You could have a bad cable or even a bad battery. Since you mentioned the Pre is only 3 days old, you can take it into the store where you purchased it and they will help you.

To answer your question about a full reset, you can use the webOS Doctor.

Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

The above is for Sprint customers, if you are in Canada or over seas, you will want to use the webOS doctor for your particular service provider (Can also be found on Palm's website).
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    yes the pre is 3 days old. the problem is that I bought it on ebay germany with O2 invoice. and Im from Israel so I want to avoid this shpping as much as I can.Yes I tried to chang the cable and nothing change. I cant use web doctor cuz when I connect the Pre to my pc its stay with the big battary sign and the pc dosent recognize it. sometimes the pre turn on and i get an error massage and the palm site. didnt find there the answer. I hope that someone here have the answer...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Have you tried removing the battery and plugging the Pre into the wall outlet charger and then try powering it on? This could help eliminate a battery problem.

It could also be the phone is damaged internally. Have you checked the battery contacts to make sure they are clear?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    tried removing the battery and plugging the Pre into the wall outlet charger and then try powering it on and its show me battery icon with a question mark.

when I connect the Pre to the PC and go to devices I can see the PC recognize it for about 30 sec and the it disappear because that I cant use the webos doctor.

maybe the battery is damaged. tomorrow I will change the battery and Ill hope for good!

this is the massage that I get when the palm decide to open "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com for help
    Last edited by Yanes; 12/28/2009 at 06:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanes View Post
    yes the pre is 3 days old. the problem is that I bought it on ebay germany with O2 invoice. and Im from Israel so I want to avoid this shpping as much as I can.Yes I tried to chang the cable and nothing change. I cant use web doctor cuz when I connect the Pre to my pc its stay with the big battary sign and the pc dosent recognize it. sometimes the pre turn on and i get an error massage and the palm site. didnt find there the answer. I hope that someone here have the answer...
    There is a way to force the Pre into USB mode. I'll have to search for the answer, but as I remember it, you have to be using the wall charger, and you hold the volume up button when you plug the pre (without the battery) into the wall charger. Could be wrong though- I'll update in a second.

UPDATE: (courtesy of hparsons)
    Turn off the phone, and disconnect it from your computer. Hold the Volume Up button in, and reattach the USB cable (you do not need to power it back on). After a few seconds, a large USB picture will appear on the screen. At that point, it will appear to WebOS Doctor as if it's a nonfunctional phone. When you re-reun the program, the Next button will function properly.

MY NOTES:
    I tried this when I had a problem, and it didn't work. After I talked to Palm, I realized the problem- you have to be using the wall charger. Problem solved.
    It's fairly common that a USB port is incapable of charging some phones. The voltage or wattage the port outputs may be too low. You may be able to communicate with the phone, but not be able to charge it. Possibly try a different cable?

The battery icon with a question mark when plugging it into the wall could be from a power discrepancy since you bought the Pre from a different country. Not sure about that one.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    There is a way to force the Pre into USB mode. I'll have to search for the answer, but as I remember it, you have to be using the wall charger, and you hold the volume up button when you plug the pre (without the battery) into the wall charger. Could be wrong though- I'll update in a second.

UPDATE: (courtesy of hparsons)
    Turn off the phone, and disconnect it from your computer. Hold the Volume Up button in, and reattach the USB cable (you do not need to power it back on). After a few seconds, a large USB picture will appear on the screen. At that point, it will appear to WebOS Doctor as if it's a nonfunctional phone. When you re-reun the program, the Next button will function properly.

MY NOTES:
    I tried this when I had a problem, and it didn't work. After I talked to Palm, I realized the problem- you have to be using the wall charger. Problem solved.
    I tried this before...when my pre works, but now. when the only thing that my I see on the screen is the giant low battery icon..it doesn't work not with the battery in and no when I took the battery out.

I will update later with Pic and video on youtube.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I tried this before...when my pre works, but now. when the only thing that my I see on the screen is the giant low battery icon..it doesn't work not with the battery in and no when I took the battery out.

I will update later with Pic and video on youtube.
    You don't have to take the battery out—I misspoke (mis-typed?). Turn off the phone- do whatever you have to do to accomplish that. When turning the phone back on, hold the volume key up, until the graphic appears.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    You don't have to take the battery out—I misspoke (mis-typed?). Turn off the phone- do whatever you have to do to accomplish that. When turning the phone back on, hold the volume key up, until the graphic appears.
    It's not working because there is now battery life in this.
    after 3 hours of charging its show me this massage and in the background I can see 1 percent of battery.
    Last edited by Yanes; 12/29/2009 at 05:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ok, I manage to charge the battery with outlet device in an electric shop
    so now I've got 10 percent. I press the up volume button and plug it to my PC.
    I get the giant USB logo on my screen, I'm starting the webos doctor and it's show me this: battery Charging...
    Don't disconnect your phone.
    Disconnecting cancels the process and may damage your phone

after a second the giant low battery charging logo comes up and the giant USB goes away.

and after 2-3 min the pre start himself and I get again the error massage.
    Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com for help
    and the webos doctor show me phone disconnected click ok to try again
    ok, I manage to charge the battery with outlet device in an electric shop
    so now I've got 10 percent. I press the up volume button and plug it to my PC.
    I get the giant USB logo on my screen, I'm starting the webos doctor and it's show me this: battery Charging...
    Don't disconnect your phone.
    Disconnecting cancels the process and may damage your phone

after a second the giant low battery charging logo comes up and the giant USB goes away.

and after 2-3 min the pre start himself and I get again the error massage.
    Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com for help
    and the webos doctor show me phone disconnected click ok to try again
    Try charging the phone to 100% using that working wall outlet then see what happens. The USB port is not able to charge the phone while trying to do anything to it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Ok now that I know that the webos doctor can run with 30 percent battery or more.
    and I've got only 2...after I was trying to charge with the wall charger.

so...no...I just cant charge with the pre!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hey... I just charge my battery and start the webos doctor p100eww, after 74 percent i got the massage that it's finish and when I turn on the pre I got again this massage: Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved. Visit palm.com for help
    and I tried the last version and it stops after 58 percent

any ideas?