Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Pre has been handling quite well, as long as I don't forget to leave it in the car, no problems here
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Atleast the Pre have some physicals keys so you can answer, make calls and type messages. If the iPhone got similar problems it renders it pretty much useless with its on-screen keyboard?
    I'm sure the iPhone's virtual keyboard is no more frustrating than the Pre's physical keyboard while wearing gloves.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    haha, yup. Cold fingers are almost as hard as keeping the golves on. I was using my nose to answer the phone at one point, but it got to cold to work Luckily my nose doesn't run to badly.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok, took the phone with me while skiing to test using the buttons but it was a epic failure. I thought I would get along with just using the keys and sure, you can recieve a call by sliding the keyboard out, you can look up a contact by starting to type its name but if the contact have several numbers you can't select nothing but the first number.

Anyway, I missed call, returned it a while later but was directed to voice mail, left a message and then it struck me, there is now way to hang up a call if the touch screen aint working due to the cold. You would think that since you can start a call by hitting Enter that you can end the call by pressing the same key, no you can't.

Now I understand why it would be handy with the hack that hangs up when you close the keyboard. I hope Palm implements this in a patch.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12