1.    #1  
    Alright guys, here is the deal. I bought my PRE the last week in september, 7 days later returned it for blown outside speaker. Since then it has been replace 3 times, and is blown again. Ok, now every month since OCT I have had to call @ the end of the month to get my mobile to mobile minutes fixed, and that hasnt been a problem until now. Last Tuesday I called to get them to fix(remove mobile calls from minutes used) and they told me they could not do that due to the fact I was roaming when I used mobile to mobile. Until this time they had cleared them telling me it would be fixed... Well I talked with three people, then finally ended up @ escaladed customer service...

I talked with a rep name Belinda, that pretty much let me know I should not have bought a phone with-out coverage in my area, they agree to drop the 200 term fee, but the way I see it, I paid $400 for this phone three months ago with the understanding that roaming was free... Needless to say we didnt see eye to eye. She simply refused to give me any of my purchase price back, and only offered to drop termination fee.. I feel I was sold a phone that will not work in my area and they did not tell me about roaming that would eat up my package minutes... I also feel as though I have been lied to about my coverage, as of now, I have invested 4months service, had to call every month to fix bill, and the phone has been replaced 3times, and is due replacing now... I do not think I have got my money out of this phone, and now they are telling me to end the contract... so far I have Phone (400) overages (300) and a few hours of time invested in returning\calling to fix bill. we have a total of 17 phones with sprint\nextel. they know this and still offer no help... any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I feel for you. Sprint unfortunately has major coverage issues outside of major cities. Where I live I have a horrible signal where I live nd had to get an airave just to have service. But to address your issue, Sprint used to cancel people outright that roamed more then 49% (I believe that was the figure) of the time. Sorry you lost the money on the phone and service, but your only choice is to Ebay your Pre. No carrier would compensate you for your time lost or the 4 months of service. If you got anything it would be credit on your account, but not real cash. They feel they are losing out because they are waiving the ETF and you got a discounted phone without having to fulfill your contract. I am not taking Sprint's side, just stating facts.

Is this issue just on the line with the Pre? Are the other 16 phones having issues too?
    Sprint, and any other carrier, reserve the right to terminate the contract that you enter into with them. Sprint is very specific about this as well. If you roam too much, they can, and often times will, drop your service. The fact that they are willing to waive your ETF speaks volumes, as well.

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do. If you complain, they might give you an Airave, but I doubt it at this point. It may seem unfair, but if you're roaming more often than you're not, Sprint is actually going to lose money off of your account. No cell provider will do this, or allow this either.
  4.    #4  
    all but 3 are nextel, and the other two sprint are not in my shop. I love this pre, but so un happy with the way sprint has done us. we got our first 5 nextel phones in 1993 I was still in school.... Never seen this being the way it would end. But I am glad we have a awesome verizon rep now, moving 15 of our lines over the next 2 weeks. I know Im just a "small" company to them, this is bad busniess for anyone. oh well, thanks for the reply, I will let you guys know if it goes anywhere.
    There are two things I don't understand:
    1. You paid $400 plus signed a two year contract? Why?
    2. You have 17 phones with Sprint/Nextel, but you aren't in their coverage area?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Why would your company sign up with a carrier when you aren't in their coverage area? That's a mind bogglingly bad idea.
    Something is wrong if your company keeps getting or keeping phones on a company that doesn't have service in your area.

How about upgrading to the unlimited minutes and data plan then you wouldn't have to worry about it...........
    Roaming is not "free". There is no extra charge for roaming usage, but that doesn't make it free.

Also, Any Mobile, Anytime does not apply while roaming. This is clearly stated in the terms.

If you didn't take the time to understand what you were purchasing, then it's your own fault.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Any Mobile, Anytime does not apply while roaming. This is clearly stated in the terms.
    I was aware of this also when I changed plans from the family fair and flexible to the family everything data plan. Not sure why you did not know this, for me it was clear.
  10.    #10  
    No, I have 100% nextel coverage(two-way) our main office has 2 sprint phones, I bought one for myself( on the business sprint account) I have complete nextel coverage for 2way, its just my sprint roams
  11.    #11  
    Also on a side note, When I bought my phone they knew my address zip code included. I was told at that time I could roam with no charges( clears up roaming issues) @ the time sprint did not have free mobile to mobile, that was added because I have the any data plan. Also going to an unlimited account will not cover my roaming.. Our shop has used Nextel since 93, very limited coverage issues, and NO ROAMING... But its @ two diff sites. You guys maybe hardcore pro sprint, but as a existing nextel customer they really dropped the ball... Verizon has ppt in all of our area's and complete coverage in my city. They way I see it, they sold a phone to me knowing I was out of coverage, and then told me I could roam... and now thats not the case. Its bad business in my eyes..
  12.    #12  
    hparsons, What do you not understand?

1) I signed a contract as I have for years with Nextel, and I have never had a probelm, and yes the phone @ that time was 398.00 with 100$ mail-in rebate(still pending). Thats simple as it gets

2) all but 3 of our phones are Nextel ptt, they have great coverage here, I used one since 93. NEVER had this problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRacer View Post
    I was told at that time I could roam with no charges( clears up roaming issues)
    You still can. It just doesn't cover mobile to mobile.

and then told me I could roam... and now thats not the case. Its bad business in my eyes..
    and with the Simply Everything you can with no extra charges for anyphone you call because it covered ALL UNLIMITED EVERYTHING phone.

Simply Everything
    Everything your phone, PDA or smartphone can do nationwide - unlimited text, surf, email, listen, watch, find and of course, talk - on one simple plan.

This plan includes
    Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
    Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
    Unlimited talk: Unlimited anytime minutes, nationwide long distance and no roaming charges

Sprint is stepping past the idea of calling circles to provide Any Mobile, AnytimeSM – a new feature of Sprint Everything Data plans. With the new Any Mobile, Anytime, Sprint customers get unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling from the Sprint Network to ANY wireless phone on any U.S. wireless carrier network at any time. Found this on the Sprint release and it specifically states you need to be calling from the Sprint Network.

Or are they charging you because you are on CONSTANT ROAM. Why not take the offer to waive your ETF and sell your phone on e-bay and move on to a provider with coverage in your area.
    Last edited by cowgirlupkelly; 12/27/2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRacer View Post
    hparsons, What do you not understand?

1) I signed a contract as I have for years with Nextel, and I have never had a probelm, and yes the phone @ that time was 398.00 with 100$ mail-in rebate(still pending). Thats simple as it gets

2) all but 3 of our phones are Nextel ptt, they have great coverage here, I used one since 93. NEVER had this problem..
    1. I paid $299 for the phone the day it came out. Then I got a $100 rebate, for a net price of $199. I wasn't aware they went up in price, but even at that, to say you paid $400, when in fact you're getting $100 of that back is a tad misleading. $400 was roughly the out of contract price, that was what was confusing me.
    2. Yes, that clears it up. You bought a phone that's working on a different network than those you're used to. That's why the coverage is different than what you're used to.
    Or just wait until Verizon gets the phone in January.
  16.    #16  
    yeah, I love this phone, and all the options. My wife has a Droid.. Its cool, but I still would love to keep my pre. Sorry hparsons, Im just bothered a little by the whole deal. Nextel has such good coverage here, I knew they where diff networks, but I assumed(thats what I get for assuming) they would be close on coverage.. live and learn huh? Thanks for the info guys. Gonna keep my pre until all the nextels are swapped.. Maybe VW will have a pre by then =) thanks again dudes
    Have you thought about getting an Airrave for your home and office, that would probably help with the signal issue. If I am reading this correctly you like the Pre just have shoddy coverage in your office. Have you asked about the Airrave?