Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gmail... however I also have latitude in iGoogle if you could check latitude on a computer maybe it will show a picture there
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Thanks, I have v.6.7 as it turns out, navigating to that link you mentioned:

Google Latitude

does make latitude work in the current session, but as mentioned before clearing the map or starting the google maps app fresh does not incorporate latitude. So each time you start google maps, you need to from within a browser using a bookmark.

To add the bookmark, just add a bookmark for google.com then edit the bookmark, change the URL and bookmark name.
    I loaded it for maybe a week using the link and then it just started going into maps on its own... since google maps is fed from the servers maybe it needs a little time to register before it will just open in maps
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    It does not, I tried everything. I need to find a way how to upload a picture to Latitude.
    I tried uploading a diff picture to my profile, with no results. I think is all related because I use Google Apps and not a normal Gmail account.

Still, I use my Google Apps email for Calendar, Chat, Contacts, eMail etc. Everything works perfect.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    It does not, I tried everything. I need to find a way how to upload a picture to Latitude.
    I tried uploading a diff picture to my profile, with no results. I think is all related because I use Google Apps and not a normal Gmail account.

Still, I use my Google Apps email for Calendar, Chat, Contacts, eMail etc. Everything works perfect.
    so you're using a an email account linked to a google account? I don't know much of google apps but my friend used an AIM email address and then activated that as a google account. From there he could upload a pic... this is what the google profile edit screen looks like for me...

I've been using Latitude ever since someone posted the link and it works fine. After using the link I can just go to Google Maps and the friends feature is there (sometimes it doesn't work and I have to use the link). I was able to send an invite to my wife's gmail to add her. I went into her Blackberry, added her and set it up so I can see where she is. She doesn't use Google maps so she doesn't know I can see where she is. I have myself visible on her phone as well...in case she ever needs to find my location she can open Google maps and see me on the map. I have noticed that her location isn't as accurate as mine. It's close but not perfect. Truly a nice feature.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to change the default account for latitude. When I loaded this up it automatically signed me in but the account its using is not my usual google account, its a secondary one
  7.    #47  
    every time!!!!! i hit the google maps APP it works, i havent been to the link in like 2 weeks.
    Previously, I could click on a contacts address and Google Maps would upload with a directions for how to reach that person's house. Now it doesn't work. I I now have to enter the address.

Is this something that stopped working with using latitude? I don't recall it being a issue before and I searched but didn't find it as an new issue in the forum.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's too bad Latitude gets in the way of getting directions.

I can see plenty of uses for this finding friends in the city, keeping track of family at large resorts, etc.

It would be great if it included a logging feature, to keep track of routes travelled, etc.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    my wife also has a pre, how do i add her phone to my freinds list so i can get her location?
    Always knowing where your wife is - what a great app'
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    To those using Google Apps accounts with Latitude:

Signing in with Google Accounts : Overview - Mobile Help

Google Apps accounts
    Google Apps accounts are not fully supported by iPhones, iPod touches, the iGoogle gadget, or apps. To use Latitude on these versions, you can sign into Latitude using a Google Account created for your Google Apps email address, however, this can cause conflicts with your Google Apps account. A Google Account with a different email address or Gmail is recommended.

If you create a Google Account for your Google Apps email address, they are separate accounts that will not share data between overlapping products or features like Google Docs, Calendar, or Contacts. For example, you will have separate Contacts, Docs lists, Calendars, etc. Learn More about the differences between a Google Account and a Google Apps account.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So, I am being a total dork. I got the link working and have latitude working great. Problem is making it a new bookmark. When I hit the tab in the upper left (google maps) I just get edit options, no choice to save. I am still pretty new to the phone...
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Yeah, it's too bad Latitude gets in the way of getting directions.
    Tap on Menu button and Clear your map. Then do your directions search.
    Latitude does not stop you from using the Maps as you did before.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    So, I am being a total dork. I got the link working and have latitude working great. Problem is making it a new bookmark. When I hit the tab in the upper left (google maps) I just get edit options, no choice to save. I am still pretty new to the phone...
    Thanks.
    I just added the link into a memo and tapped it from there... the other way is to make a bookmark for say google tap Web in the browser then bookmarks and click the little info i to the left of the bookmark and edit it
    I went to the link mentioned on page one and it says "Sorry, Google Latitude is not supported on your device". I can't figure this stuff out.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid2004 View Post
    I just added the link into a memo and tapped it from there... the other way is to make a bookmark for say google tap Web in the browser then bookmarks and click the little info i to the left of the bookmark and edit it
    I did the memo note trick as well. Might try the other trick as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    I did the memo note trick as well. Might try the other trick as well.
    in a few days try opening google maps and see if latitude is available
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Another detail about Latitude. If you access the http://maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude link, it will ask you to enter the email address and password. If you check the Remember option, you will be able to reset it only if you clear all browser cache.

This really sucks. What is the use then to have Google Apps instead of a plain Gmail email? What is all this stupid mambo jumbo with 2 different accounts etc.
    No wonder I don't see any of my contacts listed online of the saved bookmarks. Pure crap.
    Last edited by T3CK; 12/28/2009 at 02:07 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    I went to the link mentioned on page one and it says "Sorry, Google Latitude is not supported on your device". I can't figure this stuff out.
    Open a web card and type this in the URL address:
    maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a Google Apps email used for Latitude in Pre (not Gmail email account)? That freaking missing picture makes me go insane. My friends with BB have all Google Apps emails and their pictures show perfect on my Pre, in the Friends list as well when they are close to me in the map mode.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast