Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    FYI, a few things I have noticed regarding Latitude and the iPhoon spoof patch,
    I had the iPhone patch on my pre, and it was working, but one thing I did not like was that I could no longer do a global search and then click on Google Maps to find something on a map, it would keep "loading friends" and then not perform the search. I then removed the patch, and now I can search again. And if I want to go to Latitude Maps, I just use the link of Google Maps and then it loads my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    And my Google Maps is version 1.0.
    the way to check which version it is is to open google maps -> click menu -> Help & Terms -> About
    help please:
    my wife also has a pre, how do i add her phone to my freinds list so i can get her location? which email do i use for that? thanks
    i have a question about google maps, but i don't feel like starting another thread for a simple question.

anyone know why when the palm pre calculates my location, it's really wrong? it's so far off, like a thirty minute drive from where i actually am. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    help please:
    my wife also has a pre, how do i add her phone to my freinds list so i can get her location? which email do i use for that? thanks
    if she has a gmail account use that one otherwise you'll have to use the email address she uses the most and then link it as a google account

Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    i have a question about google maps, but i don't feel like starting another thread for a simple question.

anyone know why when the palm pre calculates my location, it's really wrong? it's so far off, like a thirty minute drive from where i actually am. :/
    the way I found to refresh my location was to click on the "Friends" button and then push the refresh button up top

(i've spent waaay to much time in this thread haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid2004 View Post
    if she has a gmail account use that one otherwise you'll have to use the email address she uses the most and then link it as a google account

the way I found to refresh my location was to click on the "Friends" button and then push the refresh button up top

(i've spent waaay to much time in this thread haha)
    she does have an email account, but its set up on both her phone and pre. it doesnt work...
    help please:
    I put in my husbands e-mail address and it didn't work when he went in. Possibly because it was a yahoo account. Anyway, I sent the link through a text message and he was able to get on that way.
    she does have an email account, but its set up on both her phone and pre. it doesnt work...
    if you send a request to her phone activate it through a computer browser and then go back and click the google latitude link on the pre... she may have to resend you a request but it should come up with a blank face on her location
    I don't even have the friends button on my phone.. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    I don't even have the friends button on my phone.. D:
    You have to go to use the link on your Pre to access latitude. After you log in, Google Maps will launch and the friends button will appear.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Everything works fine for me except that I don't have my image displayed.

I use a Google Apps email, not Gmail. I have that Google Apps email account tied to Pre on all related apps. (calendar, contacts, email, chat, etc.)
    If you have any idea how to fix that issue, please let me know.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure you need the iPhone user agent spoof for this to work. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that it was required to trick google into thinking you're on an iPhone.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    If you have Google Chrome installed on your PC, you can test the maps... they work (minus the GPS location). Patching the browser to a iPhone user agent does nothing special in this case because Pre supports already the Latitude technology, or else you would not have Google Maps installed on it.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Everything works fine for me except that I don't have my image displayed.

[IMG]

I use a Google Apps email, not Gmail. I have that Google Apps email account tied to Pre on all related apps. (calendar, contacts, email, chat, etc.)
    If you have any idea how to fix that issue, please let me know.
    edit your google profile from your computer it will ask you for your first last name and there will be a box for a picture
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    You mean this profile?
    Floren Munteanu - Google Profile
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I went to the Maps.google web site and didn't have a friends button to click on.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    I went to the Maps.google web site and didn't have a friends button to click on.
    You don't go to google maps. You go to the link provide by op in thread #10.

odd it worked for me... I wonder if theres a setting that needs to be marked somewhere i'll take a look
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Do you use a gmail account or Google Apps?
    BTW, I just tracked one of my friends, so everything works well without the patch.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid2004 View Post
    the way to check which version it is is to open google maps -> click menu -> Help & Terms -> About
    Thanks, I have v.6.7 as it turns out, navigating to that link you mentioned:

Google Latitude

does make latitude work in the current session, but as mentioned before clearing the map or starting the google maps app fresh does not incorporate latitude. So each time you start google maps, you need to from within a browser using a bookmark.

To add the bookmark, just add a bookmark for google.com then edit the bookmark, change the URL and bookmark name.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast