Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The apps like papijump or maybe even tap tap.. can the pre even handle those games?
    The Pre can "handle" anything the iPhone 3GS can....on the hardware side, at least.

Software-wise, there's no answer to your question. Palm may mature the OS and the SDK to where iPhone 3.0 is some time in the next 12 months. Or they may never do it. WebOS may sell enough to attract the developers of the caliber of Tapulous...or they may never do it.

Just way too early to tell. Finally, you either learn to live with these limitations for the foreseeable future...or jump to another phone.
    we've got the best twitter apps! what else matters?
    If those are the "good" apps, I'm okay with not having them.
    I just hope 1.3.5 is available soon so I can even put some more apps on my phone!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    we've got the best twitter apps! what else matters?
    hmm, that kinda stinks since i don't twitter. Although i admit Twee is the caliber of app that i expect in terms of looks and function.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Palm may mature the OS and the SDK to where iPhone 3.0 is some time in the next 12 months. Or they may never do it.

sadly i think 12 months is just way too slow in this game. Seems kinda asking a lot to expect people to wait through 3/4 of their contract for the phone to even get the sdk required to make apps of the same quality. i expected my phone to be trying to be the same quality, appwise as the iphone. i didn't expect the maker to cripple the experience. I'm not some hacker or tech tinkerer. I wasn't interested in a beta phone. Occasional tinkering is fine and i can handle slower growth but i expected it to be a lot more ambitious.

...learn to live with these limitations for the foreseeable future...or jump to another phone.
    True. i think sadly for Palm many potential customers have done the latter and if they just maintain the status quo in terms of quality many, including me will do the same. I'll be very curious to see new iphones and a new iphone OS especially if they aren't on AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by luis12356 View Post
    The apps like papijump or maybe even tap tap.. can the pre even handle those games?
    when you get a different phone just to **** you off
    Quote Originally Posted by luis12356 View Post
    You should probably be asking the companies that make those games. The more emails they get asking for those games on WebOS, the more likely they are to port them.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    webOS is updated practically every month, I don't think anyone can accuse Palm of dragging their heels...
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    webOS is updated practically every month, I don't think anyone can accuse Palm of dragging their heels...
    Right about CES would be a good time to showcase the efforts of that Linux graphics guy they hired along with the "WebOS Game Frameworks Engineer". I think people really need a more solid indicator than job listings that Palm is taking this seriously and making it a top priority.

Those "practically every month" updates have done to assist with this.
    Right about CES would be a good time to showcase the efforts of that Linux graphics guy they hired along with the "WebOS Game Frameworks Engineer". I think people really need a more solid indicator than job listings that Palm is taking this seriously and making it a top priority.

Those "practically every month" updates have done to assist with this.
    Don't forget about the ATI folks they hired away from AMD. It's coming. The other half of the phone is going to be turned on. All going to be 70% graphic and games and SPEEEEEEEEEEED....zoom zoom.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    sadly i think 12 months is just way too slow in this game. Seems kinda asking a lot to expect people to wait through 3/4 of their contract for the phone to even get the sdk required to make apps of the same quality. ...
    This "12 month" estimate is just the opinion of "another guy" (like you or me) and not any statement from Palm. In reality, I agree with you that 12 months is way too long. They need to show substance behind the promise of WebOS 2.0 by Valentine's Day.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy;
    WebOS 2.0 by Valentine's Day.
    I missed that. Where did you hear that? Or was that just a poke at palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I missed that. Where did you hear that? Or was that just a poke at palm?
    Just a poke (and my opinion). They need to realize that this is the next "selling milestone" for phones/smartphones and people won't be buying this for their significant other if it means "honey, why did you get me this crappy thing that's so complicated and doesn't work". If on the other hand, they get a "honey, this really simplifies my life" then it makes a good Valentines present. In my opinion, I'd like to see some love from Palm by Valentines day (just so that I know they are serious about this relationship).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    This "12 month" estimate is just the opinion of "another guy" (like you or me) and not any statement from Palm. In reality, I agree with you that 12 months is way too long. They need to show substance behind the promise of WebOS 2.0 by Valentine's Day.
    IMHO we are still a little ways off from 2.0. I'm predicting 8 t 12 months (maybe in 6 months, but that's is pretty ambitious). I think 1.5 will be revealing.
    I hope they show promise soon. I got my chic a moment for xmas, and that thing smokes socks. App store, speed, os depth full of options. I feel like me pre is in everyway, inferior, and that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    totally get that. and you did give a time frame. it could come before. hell it could come at CES. that would be great news. not holding my breath and i think there are a lot of small issues at palm that add up to a big hurdle for some potential customers.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I hope they show promise soon. I got my chic a moment for xmas, and that thing smokes socks. App store, speed, oYOIs depth full of options. I feel like me prprpr
    e is in everyway, inferior, and that sucks.
    You would need a purse to carry that ****er around in though. My wife got the moment 2 months ago and she digs it but I'm very happy I decided to go with the pre recently. Hook up the preware if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat View Post
    You would need a purse to carry that ****er around in though. My wife got the moment 2 months ago and she digs it but I'm very happy I decided to go with the pre recently. Hook up the preware if you haven't already.
    I've been with pre, pre preware, where we did everything through linux access. The hard way. It was alot of fun at the time, but months later and still not much progress, by way of palm, is very disappointing. Period.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    I've been with pre, pre preware, where we did everything through linux access. The hard way. It was alot of fun at the time, but months later and still not much progress, by way of palm, is very disappointing. Period.
    I was back and forth between the moment and the pre. Being able to mess with my wife's moment help me to decide on the pre. I like the size of the pre to keep in my pocket, the agps works unlike the moment, we have a history of ota updates (no real idea when moment will get supposed android 2.0), newer gen processor, I like the way the email and notifications work on the pre, didn't think it was a big deal but I do prefer the multi-touch browsing, and I like having the switch to shut off the ringer. Coming from centro I dig the pre keyboard also. Don't want to have to switch to landscape mode to use keyboard and the moment's often has a weird lag to it. It would be nice to have some of the cooler apps like the barcode scanner, etc. The pre has the hardware to run some of the hipper iphone like games. We'll just have to see if it ever happens. It sounds like palm is standing behind the pre and pixi and is going to keep supporting them instead of building a new phone. I'm not sure Samsung feels the same way. They might put out another android phone before they even update the moment. I think the pre will keep me more than happy until my next upgrade rebate comes along....thanks to this forum and all the generous developers that have hooked up the homebrew apps, patches and themes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast