1.    #1  
    I always thought the constant switch from EV to 1x was Pre radio issue, however I have been at my momls house the past few days for the holidays and they have no sprint service in this small town. I have been roaming on Verizon the whole time and NEVER goes off of EVDO now.
    It is a Sprint signal issue.
  3.    #3  
    how effing annoying. I guess you really do get what you pay for when it comes to sprint.
    Well if you are in an area with a strong signal you won't have that problem. All carriers have their quirks. Sometimes the grass is greener just because they water it more. I have Sprint and Verizon and there are things I could do without on both of them.
  5.    #5  
    I have great coverage where I live except for in my house..which I don't mind since I have wifi. Its just that I need my EV the most when I'm out and about and it is very unreliabe and seems to cut out when I need it the most. Hopefully they can fix it soon...thanks for respose to my question btw. Much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have great coverage in NYC, but on Christmas Day out on Long Island, practically zero coverage!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I have great coverage where I live except for in my house..which I don't mind since I have wifi. Its just that I need my EV the most when I'm out and about and it is very unreliabe and seems to cut out when I need it the most. Hopefully they can fix it soon...thanks for respose to my question btw. Much appreciated.
    I have poor service where I live and work(my office only). Sprint gave me an Airrave they said that service coverage in my home area was documented as being poor and that was an available option. At home I just use my wifi and have not had any problems. I usually do an network update and prl update out of habit.
    Does Sprint have 3G roaming agreements with Verizon? I thought you could only roam on Alltel's 3G network? (Yes I realize Verizon owns Alltel now, but that's beside the point)
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    It is mostly sprint, just a question though have you tried updating your Network and PRL?
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    I dont think so... I used to get 3G service when visiting my parents (old Alltel area) but I came back for Christmas and there are Verizon stores all over and I'm left with 1x data...
  11.    #11  
    I haven't updated prl or network settings in awhile. I'll try that once I get back home.

probably am using alltel towers because that is all this area had before they changed all the signs to verizon. I know when I use the roam only toggle at home I only get 1x.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    I always thought the constant switch from EV to 1x was Pre radio issue, however I have been at my momls house the past few days for the holidays and they have no sprint service in this small town. I have been roaming on Verizon the whole time and NEVER goes off of EVDO now.
    Hybrid mode (supports both EVDO and 3G1x) is not a sprint or palm pre issue. That is the functionality of the phone chipset. The mobile tunes periodically (usually 2.56s) to 3G1x for voice page while active on EVDO. Even when mobile is idle on EVDO it tunes to 3G1x for voice page and then comes back. When the signal is weak on EVDO, AT will perform hybrid handoff to 3G1x. That is, it will transfer the data session from EVDO to 3G1x and stay there as long as call remains active. Once the call goes idle on 3G1x, mobile will search for EVDO signal and if it is strong it will come back to EVDO and the data session is transferred back to EVDO.

Qualcomm has developed a new mobile chipset that allows simulatenouse voice and data. That is it has two separate RF receivers. One would monitor 3G1x voice and other would monitor EVDO data. That way, we can access both at the same time. Just like iPhone 3GS. Of-course, iPhone 3GS uses a completely different technology HSDPA/HSUPA/UMTS. I wish Palm Pre would get this new chipset and really compete head to head with iphone in all aspects. Get better hardware (more powerful processor speed, more RAM, more memory like 32G or more, simulatneous chipset), etc. People would pay more if the product is good. They want good products not necessarily just cheap product.
    Yea. It's definitely chipset. My Palm Centro had full bars at home. My Palm Pre only has 2.